• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Mi16 Oil Pressure Guage

yorkshirekowboy

now then all

need some help,

ive nearly finished my mi conversion but before i cant tidy up wires etc need to figure out how to get my pressure guage.

basically could anyone asnwer these below.

1. Oil pressure meter (wire 30, lilac) on 205 connector,

2. Oil pressure light (wire 30b, grey) on 205 connector,

now which one (1 or 2) of these above goes to the sensor nearest the alternator, and which one nearest the starter.

i have run a wire from my 9 pin connector for one of these above but cant remember which the 405 didnt have in the normal mi16 loom.

I have tested 30b grey wire and that seems to be a positive as when it touchs the block it sparks.

Now i believe theres a wire for one of the above in the mi16 loom (its with the alternator wire), so which sensor does it connect to, and is it meant to have a positive running through it?

cheers

danny

Anthony

There is no oil pressure gauge wire on the 405 Mi loom - I normally use the oil level wiring (which needs extending and a spade connector putting on) and then connect this to the oil pressure gauge wiring on the 205 underdash multiplugs

yorkshirekowboy
There is no oil pressure gauge wire on the 405 Mi loom - I normally use the oil level wiring (which needs extending and a spade connector putting on) and then connect this to the oil pressure gauge wiring on the 205 underdash multiplugs

how do you mean? i have the two red but i wouldnt need that if i have ran a seperate wire from the plugs under dashboard to connect to one of the sensors, but which sensor is oil pressure guage?

also so where it refers to the "B2. Oil pressure meter (wire 30)......" in a diagram is that allready in 405 loom, the little wire next to the alternator wire?

GLPoomobile

The pressure sensor (for the gauge) is the fat c*nt (towards the starter IIRC) and the pessure switch (for the warning light) is the skinny c*nt (towards the alternator IIRC).

P.S. Can I join the ACA?

Edited by GLPoomobile

yorkshirekowboy
The pressure sensor (for the gauge) is the fat c*nt (towards the starter IIRC) and the pessure switch (for the warning light) is the skinny c*nt (towards the alternator IIRC).

P.S. Can I join the ACA?

cheers mate,

course you can join... hehehehehe, erm did you get your oil pressure guage working?

Mikey S
also so where it refers to the "B2. Oil pressure meter (wire 30)......" in a diagram is that allready in 405 loom, the little wire next to the alternator wire?

no, thats the oil pressure light wire. when i did my loom, i ran a new wire down to the oil pressure gauge from the multiplug and taped it into the loom.

yorkshirekowboy
no, thats the oil pressure light wire. when i did my loom, i ran a new wire down to the oil pressure gauge from the multiplug and taped it into the loom.

some reason my wires for both the pressure senders have positive running through them?

is that right?

actually one is

GLPoomobile
cheers mate,

course you can join... hehehehehe, erm did you get your oil pressure guage working?

Well it's been 6 months since we had our falling out and I've done very little except think of more jobs for myself, so ask me in another 6 months LOL!

But seriously, it was just dodgy wiring and a corroded brown multiblock so once it's all back together I have every confidence (ahem) it'll be fine. Plus I have a secondary sensor and gauge going on.

Sign in to follow this