• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Are The ‘beam Rebuild Kits’ In Ebay Good Value?

Atari Boy

As above really, I have seen this kit on eBay, would it be cheaper/better to go to Peugeot?

I don’t have all the part numbers to work out the cost in then Service Box.

If the link does not work then the item number is 250213131056

Thanks

Jonny

M_R_205
As above really, I have seen this kit on eBay, would it be cheaper/better to go to Peugeot?

I don’t have all the part numbers to work out the cost in then Service Box.

If the link does not work then the item number is 250213131056

Thanks

Jonny

Contact MILES off here im sure he does them, i think his are OE pug ones too (infact id imagine most of them out there are)

HTH

Paul

welshpug

personally I would strip he beam first, you never know exactly what you might need.

secondly you can get club discounts from Peugeot dealers, if yo ask for everything on stock order rather than next day you can get a higher rate of discount on top, this only adds an extra day or two. (I know this applies to PSOOC discount, I'm unsure of 205gtidrivers)

plus you don't have to wait around for the postie as the package wont fit in the letterbox....

all the part numbers you require are in 2 pages on servicebox, click on each part to add them to your basket, when you have finished view the basket, and them smile smugly that you can get them for less ;)

Sandy

That Ebay kit contains (Genuine part number) £Retail price inc VAT:

Outer bearings ( 513249 ) x2 £18.08

Inner bearings ( 513145 ) x2 £17.40

Seals ( 515408 ) x2 £8.90

Sleeves ( 515410 ) x2 £3.10

Cups ( 515409 ) x2 £1.98

Eccentric washers ( 515312 ) x2 £1.20

Torx bolts ( 515311 ) x2 £1.16

Studs ( 515310 ) x2 £4.72

M8 nuts ( 693238 ) x2 £1.24

Total £57.78 for both sides.

pug_ham

I'd just get them from my local Peugeot dealer.

personally I would strip he beam first, you never know exactly what you might need.

Everything shown in that item will be needed really to do a decent rebuild. Its pretty rare that the studs, torx bolts & offset washers can be re-used on a rebuild & for the cost of new its better to replace them.

I think the only benefit of getting them from the ebay shop is you get exactly what you need rather than occasionally extras of the smaller parts which you might not need more than two of but even then you'll usually get everything plus the extra items for less than they are charging.

You can't always order just two of the studs, washers, torx bolts, sleeves etc but the two M8 nuts are available from any hardware store for about 20p each. I tend to use Nyloc ones now.

Graham.

Atari Boy

Thanks so much, that is just the advice I was looking for.

Jonny

Miles

As said, I sell the kit on ebay at £74.00 for the same thing listed there, All OE parts again and have the arm's too, Depends on how good your local dealer is really.

Sign in to follow this