• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

S16 Forged Pistons

Doof

Ok so after umming, arring and umming some more i've decided to stick with my plans of a 2.1 S16 engine and want to have it ready for June when my insurance runs out. I'm going to be needing some forged pistons to take the bore to 87mm and PM'd a few people on here about sourcing some but i've gone and deleted the PM's so i'm back to square one in my hunt for some at a decent price.

I found these on ebay but i seem to remember that despite these being listed for S16's and GTI-6's, they actually have different pistons!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOSSNER-FORGED-PISTO...7QQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone know if these will fit an S16....and also, where can i get other options like wiseco and omega at reasonable prices?

Cheers,

Lewis

B1ack_Mi16

Pretty sure the GTi6 is called S16 in other countries, for example France and Germany.

So this ones are definately for the XU10J4RS.

They wouldn't be any good at all in a XU10J4 because of the engines having a difference in rod length of 6mm.

Also gudgeon pin diameter would not be correct.

Doof

Thats that question answered and now i see why they list them as S16 pistons as well.

The hunt for forged S16 pistons continues....

welshpug

contact QEP would be best I thinks, I believe they sorted DrSarty's 87mm pistons ;) gonna be quite a few of these 2.1+ S16's soon!

jaredboy

Wossner does make pistons for the S16 XU10J4 too, S16 Pistons

Edited by jaredboy

welshpug

crikey! that's a VERY informative specification!! the only thing missing is how deep the valve cut-outs are, I guess this can be custom cut though ;)

mos

on my 2.1 s16 that matsav (qep) built he supplied the pistons

Miles

If you have a look in the for sale section I think James R should have his for sale still

DrSarty
If you have a look in the for sale section I think James R should have his for sale still

Yep, but for around £700. I think you'll have to check gudgeon pin height. I don't know what's in his deal, but one thing you'll get is NO 5 MONTH WAIT!

Good luck, and welcome to the Fat Boy Club ;)

Doof

But James' pistons are GTI-6 ones like the ones on my first ebay link.

Think those wossner ones are pretty tempting really and at 500 quid is pretty reasonable, just a shame about the insanely high CR, with an 88mm crank it'd be even higher and would need a fair bit taking off the crown. Anyone got any experience with them?

petert

The Wossner XU10J4 pistons look ok, you'd just need to confirm how much mat'l can be removed safely from the crown. You need a flat top, or maybe 1mm of dome maximum (depending on your borexstroke), to keep the CR sensible for pump fuel. I'd be speaking with QEP first.

Edited by petert

James_R

just to say the piston's I have are for s16 rods not GTi-6 type, 11.5 on the 6 head gives you 11.2 on the s16 head (that's std head gasket etc... so you can bring it up with a thinner one)

Also the 700 is pistons rods crank and block, not just the pistons and as rich said I had to wait long enough for them!! they're std pin height for an s16 btw.

Sign in to follow this