• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Gearbox Issues - Cwp Change

wardy18

ok so im follwing the instructions as per the following website:

http://www.rallyparts.co.uk/cwp_change/

and im literally about to throw the gearbox throu the window of teh car im that frustrated, its probbaly somethin really simple but i just cant see it on these instructions

I have got as far as removing teh input shaft nut and the next step is simply slide the selector off the selector shaft......BUT I CANT

ive done exactly what it says to do, see my pic below:

A - Removed the Rollpin holding the selector onto teh selector shaft

B - There was no Circlip fitted to remove as this is a BE1 box and the Circlip is only on the BE3 box (ive checked)

C - What the instruction manages to completely skip, acrually removing the input shaft nut

All this is done and the selector still wont shift, ive tried wedgin it off, tappin it off, even tried a bearin puller on it

AM I MISSIN SOMETHIN...............PLEASE HELP BEFORE I LOOSE MY MIND

thanx

simon

Sandy

The hub © can be very difficult to get off sometimes. You need a knife edged leg puller really.

Miles

They can get stuck when the splines start to round off. You can get a couple of lever's and lever the gearset off, Worth noteing when re-fitting do the nut up to a good 30lb ft more than the book say's

wardy18

fine job, just didnt wanna force anythin incase id missed somethin.....

i have one of those leg puller things but i need to grind the ends down to fit where i need it!!

will attempt again tomorrow when im de-stressed............beers tonigth should help lol

Sign in to follow this