• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JayCC

My Car Damaged

JayCC

My car was parked outside my mums the other night half on the pavemetn and half on the road. I put the car into gear and put on my handbrake/gear stick crook lock. I also engaged the steering wheel lock and placed on my big full wheel silver disc lock. When i came out in the morning my car had been moved forward about 1 meter and a big jeep was parked right behind me. When parked my wheels where at an angle (about 45 deg off straight) now they are straight.

There is no damage to the body work, but now my steering wheel lock no longer engages. Is it possible he has damaged my lock by pushing me forward 1m? What other damage could have been done?

Least to say this c*unt is paying one way or another :D

M_R_205

Theres another member on here had a similar thing done (except didnt damage anything) he cam out in the morning to find his car had moved several feet!!

It sounds like he`s smashed your steering lock while moving it!! not just damaged it.. Check to see if the ignition barrel has moved at all??

I cant imagine any damage being done to your rear brakes, or your engine though,

What you need to do is find a biger car than his and smash his out of your way one night!!! Maybe buy a lorry??

JayCC

When i tried to put the key in the ignition 1st time it was very stiff and would not turn, but it is ok now after a wiggle. The steering lock is deffo not working anymore tho. Jus wanted to know if this could damage it or if it was a coincidence

danpug

What a complete t**t!! What is wrong with people nowadays? Personally i wouldn't leave that go, thats shockingly rude and at the same time its damaged your car.

M_R_205
Jus wanted to know if this could damage it or if it was a coincidence

Definatley not a coincidence, he has damaged it!!

Edited by M_R_205

GLPoomobile

I'm the other member who had this happen.

In my case there was no damage so the police were not interested. Never worked out if my car was shoved or if two people lifted the back wheels and moved it that way.

In your case it sounds like he has broken in to your car and forced the steering wheel around to center the wheels and then shoved the car forwards. Since you have damage I'd report it to the police.

Have you got his reg number, or better still, photos?

toddydal

i dont think he said its been broken into,but a big 4x4 jeep will have no trouble pushing the car forward using its bumber,i had to do it once with a tw*t who blocked me in,i just shoved his car forward a little so i could get out.mabe if the wheels wernt centered and when he pushed it he bussed the lock as they wernt the strongest locks,what an aboslute c**t,i wont even let kids walk around my car incase it gets damaged,my girlfriend thinks im mad because im out polishing and cleaning it every weekend but for a 20yr old car its still the best looking car on the road.

GLPoomobile

But I don't understand how the wheels would be centered by pushing the car. I'd have thought it would have just pushed the car forward and it would have moved to the side following the direction of the wheels.

To me the fact that the wheels are centered and the steering lock broken sounds like someone has physically wrenched the steering wheel around braking the lock in the process. It's not difficult to break into a 205 either!

toddydal

duno,maby its because he had 1 wheel on curb and 1 on the road,and if you wanted to break into a car easy you would just pop the lock on 1 of the doors but doing this would damage the door and he said thers no damage and i cant see some one breaking into a car and trying not do damage anything coz they dont care how much damage they do

M_R_205

You can easily break into a pug using a ruler which at worst would scratch the window, What GLPoo says sounds right as the car would just turn as aposed to breaking the lock,

Either way, id fu**** kill him! :):D

toddydal

but why would any one break into a car snap the steering lock and move it forward 1 meter,whats the point

welshpug

they want to park in THEIR space, where they have parked for years, stupid people do stupid things.

unfortunately unless there's hard evidence or fingerprints there's not a lot you can do at all.

toddydal

yeh thers a tosser on my road like that,therv got 3 cars and only room for 1 on the drive,1over the drive and they try to get the other car in front of that,but me being a tw*t if that space is free i try to get it 1st,my cars been parked ther all weekend and now therv got to park ther car round the corner :)

Edited by toddydal

M_R_205
yeh thers a tosser on my road like that,therv got 3 cars and only room for 1 on the drive,1over the drive and they try to get the other car in front of that,but me being a tw*t if that space is free i try to get it 1st,my cars been parked ther all weekend and now therv got to park ther car round the corner :)

i think theres one in every street, for instance my gf`s street, in front of here house theres a bay for 3 cars, her`s and her neighbors 2 cars, her other neighbor has a drive, but insists in parking in the bay :D why?? no idea!! but it means my gf has to park halfway down her road,

One day though when im driving, im going to park on her neighbors drive, see what he does then :D

Edited by M_R_205

Sign in to follow this