• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bonzai

Bottom Engine Mount Bolt

Bonzai

there are 3 different bolt and nut part no's between the phase 1, phase 2, and 405 mi16 engines, so which shall i plump for? :D

Edited by Bonzai

welshpug

which bolt is it? I guess you mean the longest one through the bush?

I believe all the difference is in the nut itself, they were Nyloc and now aren't, but are still a locking nut of sorts.

Anthony

I've always just used the original 205 one, so order a Phase 2 one in your case (or get the same part for pennies from the local bolt shop)

Bonzai

not sure i know of a local bolt shop other than b&q!!! will probably walk to peugeot and see how much they charge.

one thing i cant quite work out is, the bolt 6922 15 is "8x125-75" yet the nut 6939 46 is "10x150-10-16" surely they wont match up

welshpug

those descriptions don't quite match! :D just checked service box for the 205 petrol XU and I see what you mean, its wrong! Diesel XU should be the same bolt but both are listed as M10

1803 33 CAPSCREW DIAM 10X150-72 £2.14

6935 53 SELF LOCKG NUT 10X150-9-17 £0.70

for a nut+bolt place CG Rees by Gabalfa roundabout Ben, the place with the pink vans.

They do allsorts of nuts and bolts so just take an old bolt along to match up, should be a fair bit cheaper than Peugeot.

Edited by welshpug

Bonzai

yeh thats the problem, i dont have the old bolt :D

welshpug

doh! from the descriptions I'd say a High Tensile steel M10 by 75mm bolt with a shank, and a suitable Nyloc nut would do the trick.

checked all the other engines in a 205 and they all use M10 by 72 or 80mm long bolt.

Edited by welshpug

Alastairh

Just go B+Q.

M10 75 bolt isn't exactly un common.

Bonzai

yeh ive found a random one to put in for now, just at the time i had no bottom mount at all, so was difficult to drive without the centre box trying to come up between the seats

Rob Thomson
Just go B+Q.

Do B&Q do decent bolts these days?

The only bolts I've ever seen there are extremely low quality low tensile items designed for holding your garden fence together, nowhere near being suitable for use on a car.

For automotive purposes you need proper high tensile steel bolts.

welshpug

The only bolts I've ever seen there are extremely low quality low tensile items designed for holding your garden fence together, nowhere near being suitable for use on a car.

I thought the same, they're also not the cheapest or best finish, exactly why I suggested this place - http://www.metalstock.co.uk/

Alastairh

So what tensile bolts would you go for without being anal?

Its easy to read out a load of part numbers from Peugeot. But in reality there bolts aren't anything special but triple the price...

Edited by Alastairh

Anthony
So what tensile bolts would you go for without being anal?

Most Peugeot bolts are rated to about 8.9 IIRC

Bonzai

yeah the one ive put in for now is no way suitable for long term use, but it'll do until i can get to a decent supplier. peugeot wishbone bolts are 8.8 so that should be ok for a mimimum.

edit: i should be able to pick some up in work actually, just im not back on shift until tuesday

Edited by Bonzai

Sign in to follow this