• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

Compbrake Rose Jointed Wishbones

205Rallee

Has anybody used these, they seem very cheap? I'm looking to use them on a TU24 Euro Rallye, used for hillclimbs and sprints, running on road tyres. Also any help on camber angles castor etc would be appreciated

205Rallee
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=86069

Make sure you read all of that thread...

Flipping eck! I thought I was asking an obscure question!

I've read the thread and am still not sure if anyone has answered the question as to whether or not the problem with the ARB has been solved?

tri_longer

Read the thread aswell, :D

Easiest thing would be to ring Compbrake and ask them if the alleged clearance issues have now been sorted, and should there be any will they offer a full refund.

I had considered them for our race car, but decided not on rumours but cost to fit 309 wishbones and eccentric top mounts. However, had i not then these were certainly on the cards

At the end of the day any product has to be fit for purpose, if they were to foul the ARB, which is fitted as standard to the 205, then clearly they would not fit for purpose.

205Rallee
Read the thread aswell, :D

Easiest thing would be to ring Compbrake and ask them if the alleged clearance issues have now been sorted, and should there be any will they offer a full refund.

I had considered them for our race car, but decided not on rumours but cost to fit 309 wishbones and eccentric top mounts. However, had i not then these were certainly on the cards

At the end of the day any product has to be fit for purpose, if they were to foul the ARB, which is fitted as standard to the 205, then clearly they would not fit for purpose.

I've contacted Compbrake and they've reponded as follows

"These wishones are purposely designed for the  205 use WITH AN ANTI ROLLBAR AND WILL NOT FOUL This is a very  successful product  fully  race rod end jointed with  camber  and caster  being  easily  adjusted to get the maximum grip and perfect  geometry alignment  which  we have sold over 80 pair to  date.

i hope you can relay this to your members and now can give them the correct facts and understanding on this product.

we can allaways be contacted at  Compbrake Ltd for technical support"

I will be ordering a set.

tri_longer

You'll have to report back on how you find them as my mate could well be interested ina set for his MI16 205.

At least your efforts have dispelled any furher issues.

jackherer

I don't know about these wishbones but I bought some top mounts from Compbrake then discovered the Ledas they were intended for have a non standard thread size so I phoned them and the person I spoke to knew exactly what I meant and was stood in front of a lathe so turned some correct parts up then and there...

VisaGTi16v

As that other thread seems to have gone downhill I will ask here instead heh. Do any of you know the range of adjustment available for camber and caster. I guess these still need the longer 309 shafts though if you want to gain some -ve camber by winding the rose joint out.

Mandic

When running rose jointed wishbones, what does one do with std. lower ball joint? Is there a kit which replaces it with solid pin or what?

Thanks

Ziga

Spiky

hi guys :)i have just put a new thread up in the group buy section, which will answer some question:)p.s. i'm awaiting the post to be added by the mods B)

As that other thread seems to have gone downhill I will ask here instead heh. Do any of you know the range of adjustment available for camber and caster. I guess these still need the longer 309 shafts though if you want to gain some -ve camber by winding the rose joint out.

will be fine

i'm getting the adjustment length :P

Edited by Spiky

Spiky

if ypu cant wait a week or two i WILL get them cheaper for you B)

Sam

They say they fit without modifications but their idea of that is to include two peices of metal with holes drilled into to allow the fitment of the ARB just not how it was originally intended by Peugeot. Buy them at your own risk I guess. I ran without an ARB and the car handled pretty nice.

Spiky
They say they fit without modifications but their idea of that is to include two peices of metal with holes drilled into to allow the fitment of the ARB just not how it was originally intended by Peugeot. Buy them at your own risk I guess. I ran without an ARB and the car handled pretty nice.

that was the OLD way B)

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=86324

Mandic
When running rose jointed wishbones, what does one do with std. lower ball joint? Is there a kit which replaces it with solid pin or what? And if, where can I find one?

Thanks

Ziga

?

Spiky

all part of the new arm B)

see the pics on the other thread :P

Mandic

Well yes, in this case, but what if I make a custom arm using normal rose joint, like this:

rosejoint.jpg

Thanks

Ziga

Spiky

would you not just run a bolt from top to bottom with that peice underneath??

sorry i dont know

welshpug

no, you'd need to machine a pin with a top hat arrangement on the lower end, spacers to suit, and a notch in it for the bolt to go through as normal.

exactly the same as what's in the pictures or the compbrake arms actually.

Mandic

Jup, as I thought,

Is there a place where I can buy one for Pug upright? My CNC guy is very busy lately,

Thanks

Ziga

bren_1.3

Spiky do you intend to go for a group buy on these again? the group buy thread seems to have come to a standstill / argument?

what price are we talking for a pair of these?

Spiky

as above ;)

bren_1.3

ahh id not seen the second thread! thanks.

Guest rs-tone

Further info posted on the group buy thread.

Tony

Sign in to follow this