• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McPikie

Camshafts For The 205

McPikie

I have heard a few people say that the 205 doesnt really need camming unless running boddies, but This guys seems to have a few up for cheaps, so was wondering if any are actually worth it on a relitivly standard 1600 with a filter and pipe?

GLPoomobile
I have heard a few people say that the 205 doesnt really need camming unless running boddies, but This guys seems to have a few up for cheaps, so was wondering if any are actually worth it on a relitivly standard 1600 with a filter and pipe?

A quick and basic reply from me is 'no'. To retread old ground, the standard cam is fairly 'rorty' by most standards. If you go any lairier you will inevitably move the power band up the rev range and lose torque lower down, you won't reap the benefits without tuning the engine to match, which will always be a compromise thanks to the ancient jetronic management, and it'll idle badly. Without ditching the AFM and going with better management it's largely pointless (I'm not saying it's entirely pointless though :P ). You could stick the later motronic ECU/loom/etc on in combination, but it's not eactly the sort of quick fix that I suspect you are looking for.

SPGTi

From the description I would expect them all to have massive lift, so no good for a std engine, running std plenum etc etc

Steve

Sign in to follow this