• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jean_quemener

206 Gti 180 Engine Conversion

Jean_quemener

Hi i tyred a search i had read a while ago on some one who had done a engine conversion using a 206 gti 180 engine into his 205, was just wondering if the conversion work and worth doing,or if any one knows of a build diary of the conversion or if the conversion is worth while?

thanks

welshpug

its a fair bit of work on the engine mounting and gearbox side of things, mainly fabricating mounts and getting the right ratio's etc.

it is a good engine however.

IIRC Hilgie did the only documented conversion, see www.205v6.com go to the gallery then select gallery again but on the right hand side.

richsmells

I've seen one before at FCS or somewhere and there have been pics on here. I think the brake servo and master cylinder have to be relocated on RHD cars using a mondeo setup or something. I can't find any post using the search function: "gti 180"+engine, "206 gti", 180+conversion return sod all.

Edit: Click Here!! :P

Edited by richsmells

Jean_quemener

yeah im sure i did read it on hear there was also a little video, i also think i heard that the engine sits very low in the car and clearance is a bit close, this true?

Hilgie

It does sit about and inch lower than an XU engine. This is because the engine is about the same size, but sits more upright (15 degree instead of 30 degree).

Sign in to follow this