• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joe1joe

206 16v Suspension

joe1joe

i have now managd to get my 17" by 7j wheels to fit propberly on my car with triming etc. it has a 309 gti rear beam with solid mounts and bilstein group n rear shocks and the question is i am looking to buy gaz coilovers for the front and i am not sure what springs to get as i have a 106gti engine fitted, i have track control arms at the moment , so is it worth keeping them and getting the eccentric top mounts, or going down the 309 gti route to get the camber and group n rubber top mounts, someone did mention 195 springs but not sure what lengh, and my car is droped 30mm. car is used every day and is going to be used for track days, and i am going to be getting a quaife diff and safty devices cage.

welshpug

speak to Dave at Dampertech (GAZ) they can do custom dampers and select appropriate springs for you :ph34r:

17"s may be rather big if you with to retain some sort of grip and ride quality though.

joe1joe

i have a wide arch kit so smaller wheels look a bit lost but later on i may get some 15" compomotives (nice and heavy) but the overall size of my wheel is nearly the same as standerd wheel. but the 40 profile is a bit low realy but they weigh 15kgs odd with the tyre, so why should they be that bad? but after reading through the posts it seems gaz seem to give you over rated springs?

Sign in to follow this