• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jackherer

Cage Screws For Gearstick Mounting

jackherer

I'm building a 205 from a bare shell and its missing the six captive studs on the floorpan that hold the gearstick. I ordered replacements from Peugeot (6984.15 - cage screw) but they are different and I cant see how they will attach to the 205 shell. From what I can see 6984.15 is the right part number for any age 205, or did these change in phase twos?

welshpug

that's the right part number, 25mm long M6x1.

I know someone that needs some of these too so a picture of what they look like would be handy, I was tempted to just nut and bolt it myself...

jackherer

I don't have a camera with me unfortunately. The new screws have the tabs on the cage about 10mm apart but the holes on the shell are about 5mm. I have one old screw that is the correct type and the tabs on that are much closer together.

Nuts and bolts crossed my mind but it would need two people to fit them (one under the car) and the same hassle every time the gearstick needs to be undone so I'd rather not.

Sign in to follow this