• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yeti-dj

Power Steering Ram Leaking

yeti-dj

Hello, was under the car the other day , as seems to happen way to often with these 205's, and noticed that the power steering ram is weeping fluid from the end of the ram, guess having no dust boot fitted wont help but never mind....

Anyway time to replace the ram so the question is does anybody know where i can get a replacement ram from either new or reconned? also gonna replace the 2 short pipes that connect onto the ram so will need them, or if you have a good ram lying around that you dont need give me a shout...

And before anyone says it i am not binning the power steering, the girlfriend would kill me!!!

thanks for the help....

Rob Thomson

GSF do the ram. You'll find it on their website. £80 rings a bell but I could be completely wrong. There must be loads of perfectly serviceable second hand ones floating around out there.

I imagine for the pipes you'll struggle to find any outside a Peugeot dealer, but this forum is a wonderful thing and it has to be worth sticking an advert in the Wanted section.

Anthony

AFAIK 306 PAS rams are the same, and there's loads of them being broken or in scrappies

vern

You will need a large "star bit" to remove one of the mounting bolts, or a set of stillsons like I used.

yeti-dj
You will need a large "star bit" to remove one of the mounting bolts, or a set of stillsons like I used.

haha, was gonna go the mole grip way if i dont have a torx to fit...

cheers..

Dream Weaver

I think its a 55 torx bit, same as the Mi16 head bolts.

Could be a 50 though so take both.

RossD

Be aware though that the 306 ones also leak (The ones I have had always did) at quite an early age.

Sign in to follow this