• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sussex_gti

No Spark On Mi16 Conversion

sussex_gti

I've nearly finished my mi16 conversion, with all the donor parts taken from a bx 16v. Ive done all the sensor wiring, and also the starter wiring. I connected up the switched live wire for the coil power, if im right this goes to the white plug next to the ignition amp plug?

This has given me power at the coil, but i have no power at the yellow wire by the ecu for the fuel pump. Although this isnt a problem.

The problem i have is no spark at the coil. Could anything else be causing this? Im thinking i may have a dodgy coil.

Hope someone can help, would love o be driving this by Saturday!

Cheers, Chris.

pug_ham

The yellow wire in the white two pin plug should be connected to both the igniton amp (middle pin) & also to the thick white wire at the coil plug internally within the existing loom.(the green wire in that plug is the rev counter signal iirc)

The fuel pump relay should have a direct connection to the shunt box Its switched ignition feed is through the same yellow wire above which also runs to the injection relay & has a small green wire which that sends a switched live to the fuel pump relay & then power to the pump.

Graham.

yorkshirekowboy
The yellow wire in the white two pin plug should be connected to both the igniton amp (middle pin) & also to the thick white wire at the coil plug internally within the existing loom.(the green wire in that plug is the rev counter signal iirc)

The fuel pump relay should have a direct connection to the shunt box Its switched ignition feed is through the same yellow wire above which also runs to the injection relay & has a small green wire which that sends a switched live to the fuel pump relay & then power to the pump.

Graham.

im having the same problem so would this what uve said be the same of ra 405 mi16 loom? wire colours etc.

pug_ham

Wire colours are very likely different on a 405 loom, the BX generally fewer colours through out the loom where the 405 looms have wires most colours.

The ignition module has to be earthed to get a spark but iirc it is earthed through a seperate wire back to one of the plugs at the front l/h of the engine bay & not the main loom earth lead on the 405. (it is on my MP3.1 loom anyway).

If you are using a link loom maybe you have missed earthing this wire? It still runs from the centre pin of the ignition module so hopefully you'll be able to find it. (Green & yellow wire).

Graham.

pp205

I had a similar problem which turned out to be a duff ECU, we had tested every connection on the the loom to the ecu and everything seemed to be fine but still no spark. The engine would turn over and everything - it was so frustrating!

We connected an old spark plug to the coil lead and using a power probe on the main ecu power lead (pin 1 on the loom multiplug I think!) got a spark from the coil.

Got another ecu from someone on this forum and she started first time!

One of the other things to check is the crank sensor as well

Sign in to follow this