• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry 1.9GTi

Roll Cages

Henry 1.9GTi

Having been recomended an OMP cage I was wondering whether anyone here has had experience with either the 106/126 or the smaller 106/126R any comments on the actual cage, fitment, quality, changes to feel of car etc. would be much appreciated.

it will be fully padded with proper roll cage padding, and I have harnesses so please no comments about banging my head ;)

Cheers.

Henry.

bales
Having been recomended an OMP cage I was wondering whether anyone here has had experience with either the 106/126 or the smaller 106/126R any comments on the actual cage, fitment, quality, changes to feel of car etc. would be much appreciated.

it will be fully padded with proper roll cage padding, and I have harnesses so please no comments about banging my head ;)

Cheers.

Henry.

I think the general consensus is that the fitment is a bit crap and requires a bit of modding to fit but I think that as roll cages go they do the job and are cheaper than the other makes - I am about to buy one anyway and I have no issues with them.

Jrod

The cage itself is fine it's the feet, they need a fair bit of work to make the feet go where they should! ;)

Flix

A mate of mine builds rallycars and he told me to avoid OMP and Sparco, he says that they take hours to fit.

He recommended Rollcentre, uses them every time now, fit perfectly but are dearer. I ordered one at NEC, £440+VAT.

All depends if you have the time to get one to fit right I suppose.

Dino

Henry go for a Safety Devices 6 point cage - thats what I had in my car and I loved it.

It fits nicely and doesnt fowl the OE seat belts like the OMP/Sparco ones do. (could be irrelevant if you are going to use harnesses)

I've been in a car fitted with a OMP cage and it was a little disconcerting as the cage actually shook over bumps :s

Jrod

Well we've had no problems with an OMP cage and we've been over a fair few bumps! They are FIA approved so must of done soemthing right?

post-8046-1202232146_thumb.jpg

(don't have the actual picture of us going over it but we did! :blink:)

I agree the OMP is a bit more work to fit but it depends if you are willing to do a bit more work to save a bit of cash?

I heard something about Safety devices feet going through the floor in a crash.

Miles

OMP to me is cheap, I think they even come un-painted, SD cages are a hole lot better for not allot more money thou is fitting the 6 point one you might want to add another diag at the back so you can have your harness mounting's on the cage as it's allot better having them there instead of in the car's floor-pan which as we know isn;t that thick.

Might be worth looking into the challenge spec SD cage which has all this as std but needs to go thru the dash at the front

Henry 1.9GTi

dash mullering is not a problem!

I'll send you a pm when I'm closer to purchase Miles, the wallet is not quite ready for a cage even if I am :blink:

Miles

I'll have some pic's of a OMP cage that I;ve just installed into a 205 with the extra bar's and decent seat mounts hopefully tomorrow which I'll post on here, not the nicest of cages as I;ve said but they do the job

hodgy

omp cages work!!

thats why i bought another one in my "new" 205

post-7696-1202316642_thumb.jpg

Jrod

Ouch.

hodgy

i look back at it now and laugh :)

:P

16v205

Omp cages may be a bit more time consuming to install but there no big issue really.

Rich

Leon

First cage I ever fitted was an OMP (the one with the optional thicker roll bar) to a 205 GTI. No great trauma.

I removed it and refitted it to a different 205 which was a lot tricker, so maybe these discrepancies are Peugeots fault not OMP's!

AdamP

I've got one in (currently out of) my 205.

Feet take a bit of modifying but it should be possible to get one in in a day if you've got everything ready to go (and painted...).

DSC03817.jpg

DSC03750.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

They're good cages for the money! Nothing wrong with them... but as ever you get what you pay for. Mine was £300 from demon tweeks.

Sign in to follow this