• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mac210882

Wheel Stud Conversion

Mac210882

I want to swap to a stud conversion to allow easier wheel swapping at trackdays and stuff, as well as giving me an easier life when I'm working on the car in my [tight] garage.

Is this what I need to buy on e-bay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A:IT&ih=023

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy these?

Thanks

Iain

welshpug

yep, seems a good price too, though they are the wrong nuts for the usual 205 alloy wheel, which may be why they're cheaper.

Jrod

As said they are the wrong nuts for standard wheels. You need flat nuts which cost more.

kate205gti

i may have some flat ones im not using - will have a look if youre interested

found them to be too much of a pain in the ass to use! ;)

Mac210882
i may have some flat ones im not using - will have a look if youre interested

found them to be too much of a pain in the ass to use! ;)

Can you let me know? I'm really interested.

Thanks

Iain

pug_ham

Not a bad price including postage but the group buy would still be cheaper for the same bits as he is selling delivered. :ph34r:

Graham.

Widget

Hi Iain

I belive the threads on the cheaper conversion kits have a tendency to be streatched over time due to the cheaper alloys used. they don't resist the repeated torquing of the wheel nut when your chaning wheels; thus making them weaker and more prone to shear.

Whether this set on e-bay is an inferior quality set or a bargain, who knows?

I'm led to believe the best quality sets are Peugeot sport sets at £150 to £180.

I have a spare and brand new (still bagged) conversion kit manufactured by Grayston Engineering. the nuts are flat faced and zinc coated.

I can't tell you if they are better quality than the set on e-bay. I think I paid £60 for them(?) I was hoping to sell them soon for around £50+pp but if ebay doesn't work out for you, you're quite welcome to first refusal.

Cheers

Widget

pug_ham

The only stud I've had shear on me was one of the original Peugeot sport studs but the one's I have on my car are from Graston & they are teh same as sold by many rally spares shops (Rally Design etc).

The group buy will get a set of 16 studs & flat face nuts for less than £50 delivered.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this