• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
averyaaron1979

266mm Rear Calipers And Discs

averyaaron1979

read on a thread i believe off the 309gti forum, that 266mm discs and calipers wont fit the rear beam on a 309 gti and need to get a different set up?

can anyone tell me if this is true and whether or not 266mm discs will fit on the beam. i am after all round 266 and s16 or xsi calipers to keep weight low and imrpove the brakes. unless anyone advises me otherwise.

going to go for a 406 m/c as it's 400 grams less than the original. or is there a better one available??

thanks

aaron

Mikey S
read on a thread i believe off the 309gti forum, that 266mm discs and calipers wont fit the rear beam on a 309 gti and need to get a different set up?

can anyone tell me if this is true and whether or not 266mm discs will fit on the beam. i am after all round 266 and s16 or xsi calipers to keep weight low and imrpove the brakes. unless anyone advises me otherwise.

going to go for a 406 m/c as it's 400 grams less than the original. or is there a better one available??

thanks

aaron

in all honesty i wouldnt bother with a big brake conversion on the back, the 205 just doesnt weigh enough to warrant fitting them tbh. your better moving your focus to the front brakes with an upgrade to gti-6 brakes with a 406 master cylinder.

welshpug

IMO a fast road 205 only needs uprated pads and brake fluid, plenty of power for a stripped out 205.

averyaaron1979

cheers for the responses, it's for a 309 not a 205 and the car is for track only, ie track days and sprints/hillclimbs.

i am after setting it up properly with strong brakes, but as i am on a budget spending shed loads of 4 pot lightweights are out of budet.

pug_ham

Kristian (B1ack_Mi16) has made them fit onto his car but 266mm on the rear is a total overkill imo.

Have a read through this topic for more info.

Just fit a decent bias valve on standard rears & you'll have brakes that are as effective but lower weight.

Graham.

averyaaron1979
Kristian (B1ack_Mi16) has made them fit onto his car but 266mm on the rear is a total overkill imo.

Have a read through this topic for more info.

Just fit a decent bias valve on standard rears & you'll have brakes that are as effective but lower weight.

Graham.

graham thanks for that i shall read the thread and go from there really.

thanks

aaron

himbigchief
graham thanks for that i shall read the thread and go from there really.

thanks

aaron

I've just done them on mine! See the thread on the 309ownersclub forum: http://309ownersclub.com/Community/viewtop...;p=13910#p13910

Couldn't tell you whether they'd fit under a speedline atm though. If I get a second, I shall stick one on and check for clearance.

Sign in to follow this