• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
returnofjim

Any Dta Experts Out There?

returnofjim

Hi, I have 2 DTA ecu's sat here, one is an E48 the other an E48I (ignition only). Im trying to find out if there are any real differences between the two. Once the covers have been removed from both the ECU's the board and chip's layout looks identical. the only visual difference i can see is that the ignition only ecu has had the pin for injector bank 1 chopped from the board. It looks to me as if the ignition only ecu is just an E48 which has had the pin for injector bank 1 chopped before being sent out to the customer thus making it an ignition only system? am i thinking along the right lines or not?

Im hoping this is the case and we can join/replace the pin and we have a fully working E48 for fuel and ignition?

jackherer

If they have any sense it will have different firmware loaded. Do they provide firmware updates to end users? If so that might be a way to change the firmware if required.

returnofjim
If they have any sense it will have different firmware loaded. Do they provide firmware updates to end users? If so that might be a way to change the firmware if required.

Yes DTA do supply firmware updates to end users, i have the relevant software to flash a new firmware. On the DTA the hardware version and software revision is wrote on the label. the hardware version on both ecu's is v7.0a i believe.

My plan is to join the pin which has been cut on the ign only ecu, backup the firmware off the E48 and backup the map loaded onto it which is an mi16 map, then load both the map and firmware onto the ign only ecu and see if it starts the engine.

Sandy

Good luck, i'll be interested to hear the result.

returnofjim

Supposed to be having a go at it this weekend so ill post back here if its sucess or failure B)

returnofjim

Ok, ive had a good look at both ecu's again today, the label on the e48 reads hardware version 7.0a, firmware version 27.0 which is exactly the same on the e48I ecu. Everything on the pcb looks identical so ive gone ahead and bridged the pin. Ill load the map on it tomorrow from the e48 ecu and give it a try, fingers crossed :)

returnofjim

It works!

Sandy

Mother of god!

returnofjim
Mother of god!

got some spares ones laying around?

jackherer

nice one :(

Sandy

My Ebay attitude to the E48i has just changed! I wonder if it's the same story with the S40i?

returnofjim
My Ebay attitude to the E48i has just changed! I wonder if it's the same story with the S40i?

Hopefully!

How much cheaper was it to buy an E48i compared to an E48 and whats price difference between s40 and s40i?

Sandy

S40i £395, S40 £495

returnofjim

This is what your faced with if you do take a E48I apart and want to mod it to do fuel.

000_0680.jpg

000_0681.jpg

Sandy

Good work, thanks!

Sign in to follow this