• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

What Are They Worth Question?

Atari Boy

I have a 1.9 8 v bottom end. The liners have been disturbed so it will need rebuilding.

I have been wondering, is there any demand for cranks, pistons, liners or even the bare block from it? Do these parts sell on ebay? If not should I just scrap it?

It seems bit of shame if that is the case.

Advice, pi$$ taking and guidance welcome.

Jonny

danpug

Just like alot of stuff on the bay, selling prices vary wildly. I've seen pistons and liners sell for £50 before but another day they won't sell. Put the right things in the title, describe the items well and start them at 99p and see what happens. Also offer sensible postage, i get sick of people offering silly postage prices or not at all, it definitely helps sales by offering it.

pete1986

Hmm i was going to post something like this. I have just found some 405 mi16 driveshafts in my garage, forgot i had them, would they be worth anything?

Sorry for the hijack

Atari Boy

Hijack away, it is good to know I am not alone :ph34r:

Is there certain parts that should be sold together, pistons and liners together etc?

mbayley77

If you give people the option of buying multiple items and lumping the postage into one then you can list items seperately. This helps if people want just one item but not the other and maybe wont bid on a bundle if the price is higher?

Maybe thats right or wrong but i think the more options people have - the better the situation.

M_R_205

At the end of the day ebay`s and auction site, if theres 2 people who need them they will bid like mad for them, and the next week a set wont sell,

if it was me and i had the space id keep them to one side incase you need, them a friend or forum member needs them :)

for what you have id say £40-50 is an ok price, very good condition, 70?

Sign in to follow this