• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
de Noir

1,9 Standard Brake Piping

de Noir

Need pictures of rear underbody & brake lines, factory or tidy custom install!

With focus on fuel tank bay piping, especially items 6-7 joint and L/R compensator positions, or put simply - zone marked red.

Thanks in advance..

brakelines.jpg

Edited by MH_

pug_ham

The brakelines around the fuel tank have the compensators fitted as marked by the X's added to your original picture.

The pipes run along the front of the tank with the compensators approximately evenly spaced between each end but tbh if you aren't using standard pipe its you can fit them anywhere you want. The pipes go over the corner of the tank at each outer corner next to the sills & then down the side before turning to the two brackets on the rear panel behind the tank for the flexis around the beam on each side.

The 309 GTi has them on the engine bay rear bulkhead.

Graham.

post-71-1201654464_thumb.jpg

Simes

If you're trying to avoid removing the fuel tank you won't be able to!

There are clips in place so you can follow the existing pipework.

post-641-1201680468.jpg

post-641-1201680479.jpg

de Noir

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I needed.

I'm not avoiding to remove fuel tank, as everything is already removed from the shell... I'm trying to install everything back neatly to a bare shell. Got new copper OE brake lines, plastic clips and everything from Peugeot spare parts.

Started from solid-flex pipe bracket at rear end, would not like to come too short or too long either at the front.

I'm making a mock-up for every pipe, and then bend the real stuff with bending tool.

Took some photos before stripping all down, but turned to be wrong almost useless details on them. :ph34r:

Edited by MH_

pug_ham
If you're trying to avoid removing the fuel tank you won't be able to!

You can replace the pipes that run over the side of the tank without removing it if you are determined enough. I've managed to do a couple before with the tank simply lowered about an inch on the rear threaded mounts.

Crafty use of a suitable piece of wood helps get the new brakepipe back into the clips above the side of the tank. :D Not particularly good if you are a stickler for neat & tidy run of pipe but they aren't visable so only you need know. :D

If the tank is off though you should be able to make a near exact replica of a factory install.:D

Graham.

de Noir

Got it. B)

30020_G.jpg

jackherer

That looks good, very straight B)

Simes

looks much better than mine - (Spaghetti)

de Noir

Thanks.. I keep telling myself, next project will be perfect! B)

Sign in to follow this