• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

205 Gti-6 Ridehight?

shooter mcgavin

will be fitting my 6 engine in the next few weeks and just now the 205 is at standard hight running standard suspension.

will be replacing the dampers for billys but am unsure on what springs to use?

how much lower will it sit with the extra weight of the engine and should the springs be stiffened

will just drop the back to suit

some pics would be good if anyone has any

welshpug

ideally needs stiffer springs yes, I've seen that eibach springs work well, though I cant remember if they were 306 or 205 specific ones as the car in question had gti6 dampers all round.

shooter mcgavin

damm just sold the gti6 koni kit for £120 :blink: was told 306 shocks were to rough a ride

so do i buy a 205 or 306 set up,i would think the springs would need to be gti6 items. 35 or 40 mm should be well enough eh

welshpug

that's my thinking, they wont drop the car by that much as the front is a bit lighter (but not as light as say an alloy Mi or an 8valver), but it'll still be a decent drop from std

shooter mcgavin

6 engine is a lot heavier than the 8v engine me and a mate lifted the 8v out by hand with fannymolds and box still on

CaptainK

I've got a GTi6 engine in mine, with GTi6 shocks and -30mm springs on it. It looks "right" now in the wheelarches and so forth. Don't know what the height of the engine above the road is though, not measured it.

Sign in to follow this