• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Greengti

Light Heavy Steering

Guest Greengti

Hi

I have recently brought another 205 an old e-reg 1.9.

I have noticed that the steering is much lighter turning right then it is turning left and there is a small clunk on direction change.

I have read other posts and people are saying that teh following could be to blame:

suspension top mounts

track rod end universal joint

Is there anything else i should be looking at? any help would be very much appreciated.

cheers

Adam

Retro Pug

I had a similar problem and it did turn out to be the U/J, so I'd check that first....

large

As above the U/J would be my first port of call.

philfingers

As aboth U/J. Jack the front of the car up (so both front wheels in the air) and move the wheels side to side. If they go light/heavy/light/heavy it's the U/J. PAS and non PAS are different. The PAS one from pug is about £130. www.peugeotparts.co.uk did me a genuine one (pattern not available anyway AFAIK) for about £50.

Basically they sit very close to the exhaust and the heat drives the grease out of them.

PM if you need fitting advice

Phil

jackherer
The PAS one from pug is about £130. www.peugeotparts.co.uk did me a genuine one (pattern not available anyway AFAIK) for about £50.

Eurocarparts used to sell a pattern PAS lower column, my mate bought one and it turned out to have a rubber bush like a Clio one, we tack welded round it to make it solid and it seems fine. Actually I just realised its now fitted to the shell we got from you Phil :blush:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=73088&hl=

Sign in to follow this