• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Nathan_marriott

Power Steering Pumps

Nathan_marriott

Im currently rebuilding my 205 (1.6) rally car into new shell and im fitting power steering, my question is what other power steering pumps fit, not wanting to go elctric though...............ie 306, zantia etc

Any help appreciated

brumster
Im currently rebuilding my 205 (1.6) rally car into new shell and im fitting power steering, my question is what other power steering pumps fit, not wanting to go elctric though...............ie 306, zantia etc

Any help appreciated

I'd figure anything with an XU in it, then, yes - but if you're not going electric what's wrong with the 205 pump itself? Different pumps from other models may have different fittings/hoses at one end or another. Brace the retaining bracket that fits on the right hand side (viewed from the front of the car) by welding a little strap to it, to brace the 'L' on it and stop it flexing. That was the key problem with mine; kept shearing bolts. Bloody thing :wacko: !

Still think electric is the way to go, to be honest, particuarly if it's all apart and you've got the chance.

Sign in to follow this