• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
screwloose

Fitting Gti6 Steel Wheels

screwloose

After the sleeper look I'm fitting GTI6 steel wheels (think they were originally the spare). :)

I was just wandering if anyone had done this and whether they had any pointers or tips. Like, for instance, whether the bolts the original 1.9 speedline alloy will fit or do i need another type of bolt?

Are there any other steels out there i should be perhaps looking at, if so where do i get them etc.

If anyone has got some pics of :lol: 205s on steels that would be great.

thanks for any help

Jonny.

GTI6BOY

DSC00066.jpg

You need to use tapered wheel bolts

welshpug

unless they have the welded on inserts as they normally have.

GTI6BOY

yeah go for the new style wheels

screwloose

so just to clarify........... i don't need to use tapered bolts on the GTI6 spare steel wheel. the standard bolts currently on my standard 1.9 speedlne alloys will fit?

thanks, Jonny

Anthony

They're standard 15" steelies and not GTi-6 ones - thus you'll need tapered bolts.

Arahan
In fact can anyone identify what type these wheels are and whether i would need tapered or the standard bolts i currently have.

cheers ( see link below)

Jonny :)

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.ph...7689&page=1

He's also selling these on the 106 Rallye register forum, though on there he's wrote that he was told they were c3 or c5 steelies, but other members have told him otherwise, last post said "they look like gti-6 wheels to me mate".

McPikie

Why not just paint some speedlines black?

"Steelies" just look like yopu couldnt afford decent tyres so got a set on the cheap, lol

GTI6BOY
They're standard 15" steelies and not GTi-6 ones - thus you'll need tapered bolts.

They are gti-6 steels the same as on mine

They would have to be to go over the huge brakes, i also have 6 brakes

The part number for mine and that picture is 5401H7 and they are £30 each and require tapered bolts

Sign in to follow this