• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
notamondayfan

What Clutch For Mi16

notamondayfan

hey guys

i have an mi16 block, with a mi16 flywheel, but no gearbox or clutch.

i also have a complete 1.9 gti engine and gearbox, currently in the car.

i would like to know whats best to do? do i buy a new clutch (and presumably the other clutch parts?) for the mi flywheel, or can/should i just fit everything from the 1.9?

cheers, dean

returnofjim

Definately buy a new clutch for the mi flywheel, ive drove an mi with a 1.9 flywheel and clutch setup and it didnt handle the mi power well at all. A used 1.9 8v clutch will wear out in no time!

notamondayfan

ok so what else would i need apart from the clutch? and wheres the best place to get them?

returnofjim
ok so what else would i need apart from the clutch? and wheres the best place to get them?

Hi, GSF (www.gsfcarparts.com) sell a valeo clutch kit which includes driveplate, pressure plate and release bearing which is everything you should need. Also while the box is off i would fit a new primary shaft seal and some new clutch release fork bearings (bushes). The clutch kit is around 60-70 quid! which is a bargain if you ask me.

Edited by returnofjim

notamondayfan

ok thanks thats great!

Miles

But only if they special order it, Or you will get a LUK kit

notamondayfan

whats the LUK kit?

Super Josh

You can't fit a standard jetronic model 1.9 flywheel anway because it doesn't have the timing teeth like the MI one. That's assuming your are going to run the standard MI injection.

Josh

notamondayfan

its on carbs, so would that make any difference?

notamondayfan

went to gsf yesturday, and and they said there is a split in the chassis numbers, and consequently two different clutches. i thought there was only 1.9 16v? does the chassis number affect the engine design in anyway?

cheers, dean

C_W

It'll be 1.9 vs 2.0 16v engines. Go for the early one as a safe bet.

LuK clutches are fine, that's what I've got in mine.

Sign in to follow this