• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Car Driving Rough When Going Slow

djinuk

ok folks, i have put my mechanical brain to the test here.

When going slow in 1st and 2nd mostly, i am finding the car is very jumpy, now my ignition timing is not spot on, and i have changed all ignition parts.

now i have also got the problem get the car crunches between 1st and 2nd and reverse., i also noticed that if i push my clutch down but have the car in gear some times where i start it, the car pulls forwards a touch as tho the clutch isnt fully disengaging.

could this be my problem, is so how do i adjust it and by how much

ross009
ok folks, i have put my mechanical brain to the test here.When going slow in 1st and 2nd mostly, i am finding the car is very jumpy, now my ignition timing is not spot on, and i have changed all ignition parts.now i have also got the problem get the car crunches between 1st and 2nd and reverse., i also noticed that if i push my clutch down but have the car in gear some times where i start it, the car pulls forwards a touch as tho the clutch isnt fully disengaging.could this be my problem, is so how do i adjust it and by how much
hi mate your clutch cable comes to the gearbox underneath your battery if you take the battery out it makes it easier to see! on the end there should be a threaded bit if you pull this forward theres a locking nut you can wind in do this a few times till the clutch disengauges fully there maybe a bit ive missed but its failr self explantory when you see it hope that helps a bit!

Sign in to follow this