• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dan1120

Gear Linkage 205 Gti

dan1120

i brought a quickshift and group n linkage for my 205,(much better),but im sure the bloke said if i ajust the longer linkage(make it longer) from pivit point to gear box,and make the shorter linkage shorter i can gain a better shift??did i hear hear him wrong??as i thought that would put the gear selection out? :unsure:

pug_ham

Personally I wouldn't say you get a better shift by moving the pivots in the way he mentioned but it will get shorter shift if you do move them as he suggested.

Graham.

Miles

The only way to adjust the speed is to alter either the pivit point on the main 'L' fitted on the subframe, either make the long part longer or the short part shorter or move the gearstick pivit point, adjust the rods like that will do nothing apart from making the gearstick find a funny position.

dan1120
The only way to adjust the speed is to alter either the pivit point on the main 'L' fitted on the subframe, either make the long part longer or the short part shorter or move the gearstick pivit point, adjust the rods like that will do nothing apart from making the gearstick find a funny position.

thats what i thought thanks for that

englishmaninwales
thats what i thought thanks for that

Where is the best place to buy a quick shift ?

Edited by englishmaninwales

CosKev
Where is the best place to buy a quick shift ?

Theres a few on E-bay.

Anybody used them?????????

Miles

Just need to move the ball towards the pivit point, This can be done by cutting and welding it up or PM'ing me few a few ball and nut

GLPoomobile

Miles, I'm not sure if I've still got the instructions you sent with my gear rods and ball (or even if you include any. It was quite a while ago :lol: ).

How far in should I relocate the ball on the short arm? 25mm rings a bell. Want the shift reduced by no more than 50%, maybe a bit less.

cybernck

Constella will give you a 205GTIDrivers.com discount :angry:.

Miles

If you need a copy of the instruction's just PM me your email address,

englishmaninwales
Constella will give you a 205GTIDrivers.com discount B).

Thanks

Sign in to follow this