• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomson

Paint For A Miami Blue...

Rob Thomson

I need a can or two of Miami Blue paint for the 205.

Any idea what the colour code is and where's the best place to get some? I'm not too worried about price, I'd rather pay more for a decent product.

I also need lacquer.

Thanks, Rob.

welshpug

check the sticky at the top of this subsection :unsure:

there are paint suppliers in most areas, look in the yellow pages, if that doesn't work find a local bodyshop and ask who supplies them.

Edited by welshpug

toddydal

i think the code is EMY for miami blue

Super Josh

The ones from Halfords will most likely be the wrong shade. Go to a local paint supplier, he will have colour swatches that you can offer up to your car to get a decent match (my local place had around 10-12 shades of Miami). Then they can make up an aerosol with the correct colour in it.

A little more expensive than a generic can from Halfords, but at least you stand a half decent chance of getting a colour match. :mellow:

Josh

Rob Thomson

Thanks chaps - should have noticed the chart on the main page!

jackherer
The ones from Halfords will most likely be the wrong shade. Go to a local paint supplier, he will have colour swatches that you can offer up to your car to get a decent match (my local place had around 10-12 shades of Miami). Then they can make up an aerosol with the correct colour in it.

A little more expensive than a generic can from Halfords, but at least you stand a half decent chance of getting a colour match. :mellow:

We used loads of Miami blue from Halfords (both the off the shelf cans and ones they made up for us) and all of it was a good match to my mates '92 205. But AFAIK there were (at least) two different shades of Miami blue used by Peugeot, the '90 limited editions were lighter IIRC so the off the shelf paint wont match.

Paintguy

This old chestnut again :rolleyes:

There was a major change in shades at around 90-91, but there are even more minor variations in shade, and unfortunately there's no guarantee of finding the correct one without getting a paint supplier or bodyshop to match it up to your car (unless you have the luck of the Irish :D). Some of the shades will be close enough to each other to be hardly noticeable, but it depends on how fussy you are.

Rob Thomson

Thankfully this time it's just for the engine bay so I'm not too fussed, but it's interesting to know that things aren't quite as simple as they might seem!

Thanks for your help.

supersub14
i think the code is EMY for miami blue

thought it was MOMY myself??

Paintguy

EMY or M0MY, they're both the same thing :)

As I've mentioned before on here somewhere, it's the last 2 letters that are the important ones (MY), the other part is just a prefix.

Edited by Paintguy

mogsman

When I last went to a paint shop there were three different shades. I now have all three on my car now, but I'm not that fussy as I was in a rush at the time.

205turbo

post-17-1201735316_thumb.jpg

This is my miami its a 93/K and is the lighter shade.

As Andy Said paint code is MOMY

Sign in to follow this