• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Martin W

Where To Buy A Fibreglass 'auto'bonnet?

Martin W

Just as the tittle says, I want a fibreglass bonnet for my 205 but would rather an 'Auto' style one. Does anyone know somewhere that sells them? I would go to Shenpar but it looks like they only do the standard bonnet.

Any help needed because I've left this to the last minute ... as usual!

All Praise The GTI

ive got one i bought off ashlee peddle. its not really an auto one but it is similar. it has a bulge at the front as its designed for clearance when you have carbs or bodies with the big sausage filters on. pm him and he should be able tell you where it came from

Martin W
ive got one i bought off ashlee peddle. its not really an auto one but it is similar. it has a bulge at the front as its designed for clearance when you have carbs or bodies with the big sausage filters on. pm him and he should be able tell you where it came from

I know the one you mean but I would rather the ordinary Auto bonnet.

chrisj21

i think theres a topic in group buys regarding this. some one was having a mould made up and im sure someone who replied to the topic also had a mould.have a look there.

im not sure if spooks do a carbon auto bonnet?

Martin W
i think theres a topic in group buys regarding this. some one was having a mould made up and im sure someone who replied to the topic also had a mould.have a look there.

im not sure if spooks do a carbon auto bonnet?

Carbon would be lovely but is rather pricey :D

chrisj21

drop them a pm im sure if they do carbon ,fibre glass should be easier.

thay can only say no!

Martin W
drop them a pm im sure if they do carbon ,fibre glass should be easier.

thay can only say no!

PDC144c mentioned it so have PM'ed him, cheers

Baz

Let us know the outcome of your findings Martin, i'm sure a few more of us (me included) would have one! :D

easypug

There is a company on ebay that sell FG auto bonnets if i remember there name i'll post it up... they were quite cheap IIRC also....

Miles

There is someone on the French Sports club making or starting too I think, not sure what's happening as I don;t use them

joe1joe

i would also be interested too, what sort of finish is the xsportracing one compared to the spoox one as id rather not have to spray it for costs,

Martin W
i would also be interested too, what sort of finish is the xsportracing one compared to the spoox one as id rather not have to spray it for costs,

I'll give xsport a call as PDC144c mentioned something in another thread. Just to point out I'm not looking to instigate a group buy because I need one asap! Will prbabally try and get a Carbon one for the added strength.

Rowleysgarage01 is the place selling them on ebay.

I'll check out FSC later

jonnygoodhand

What's the general opinion of the Spoox Fibre Glass Bonnet (and front wings for that matter)? I'm after some panels which will look close to the standard items once sprayed up and lacquered.

I went to order the said Items yesterday, but the £70 delivery and £20 'payment surcharge' (they only offer you the option of paying by PayPal and then pass the comission charges onto the buyer!) put me off a little...

Batfink

xsport have a mould but it needs some work to be of any use.

Martin W

Xsport have a mould to make Carbon and Kevlar bonnets at a very reasonable price. They are coated in a colour to your choice but they cant produce one for a 205 is bonnet showing the Carbon weave on the outside (for show!).

This suits my purposes because all I want is a stong lightweight bonnet. Perfect.

Batfink

if I remember rightly the mould has no edges so is only of use currently for producing a basic skin

pdd144c

John is now using it Kev, once we move to our new workshop in Basingstoke we will get round to moulding some more Peugeot panels.

Paul.

Batfink

So he's sorted it now? Can he do it with an internal frame now?

Martin W
So he's sorted it now? Can he do it with an internal frame now?

I had the option of having an internal frame so I'm guessing the answer is yes. I'm just having the skin which will be pinned on. It does have additional bracing underneath though to strengthen it.

pdd144c

Just tried ringing him but the phone is engaged. As he is selling them I guess the answer is yes!

Batfink

lol I need to call him too as he still needs to make me a carbon bonnet lol Damn this carbon shortage!

paul205mi16

does anyone know os any prices yet?

Batfink

well really you need an inner frame to keep the strength and to stop it flexing so budget at least £370. Apparently sandwich cores will end up similar weights due the resin soaking in..

Baz

Martin did you ever manage to get one??

Sign in to follow this