• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mad_dome

Crossthreaded Manifold

mad_dome

while changeing my head on my car i noticed that the manifold bolts had been crossthreaded onto the block.

so decided to get an uprated manifold from this ed chap in alcester he is going to get back to me what are your sugestions?

boldy205

sugestions on what exactly? the cross threaded stud? take it out and put a nwew stud in, a cross threaded hole in the head? helicoil it. This ed chap in alcester? god knows!!

steve@cornwall

Sure they are cross threaded? It's not unusual for the studs to bend or even snap as the manifold warps . Unscrew it from the head and you'll see if it's bent. It has to come out anyway.

Pugnut
while changeing my head on my car i noticed that the manifold bolts had been crossthreaded onto the block.

so decided to get an uprated manifold from this ed chap in alcester he is going to get back to me what are your sugestions?

so did you decide to go for an uprated mainifold thinking it would help with the stripped thread?

im confused!

mad_dome
so did you decide to go for an uprated mainifold thinking it would help with the stripped thread?

im confused!

What has happened is the bolt from the manifold bolting into the head is fine its the nut on the end of that.

so iv tryed putting two nuts on the end to unscrew it but to no avale. so then tryed drilling it but now its just in a mess.

So now im looking at a 4 branch manifold on ebay tell me what u think i should do or is there any otherway of getting it off cheers.

Sign in to follow this