• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tony_205

Which Water Pipe?

Tony_205

Hi all, im a bit stuck lol,

On the bottom of the throttle body, next to the vacuum advance inlet, there is another brass water connection - - any idea which tube fits onto that connection and where does the tube lead to?

After having done a top end rebuild, iv fitted the inlet manifold with all new gaskets bolts etc, i have just realised that i havnt fitted this pipe :ph34r::(

Any ideas? Thanks Tony

djinuk

on mine its simply not used, and is covered with a rubber blanking cover

welshpug

there's a test point that'll usually have a blanking plug as mentioned, the 2 water pipes are quite bit larger.

Miles

You on;ly need to stick the water pipe from the expansion bottle to the top of the stat housing, Bypass the T/B all-together as you don;t need a heated one

Tony_205

Thanks for the replies guys but its still not answered my question really...

If there is no pipe on the inlet manifold then water trickles out... This might be a better question;

Where do the two pipes from the header tank go? 1 goes to the radiator and one goes under the air flow meter, then goes ???

Miles

Above the Stat housing, thats why I posted that the right side of the expansion bottle should just go to the stat housing instead, less pipes and less chance of a leak and if you want to remove the inlet allot less hassle

Tony_205

Ahhh right... Got ya mate thank-you :unsure:

Sign in to follow this