• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
matt-k

Where To Buy New Front Wishbone Bushes?

matt-k

Hello all, ive recently got some 309 gti wishbones from a breakers and want to fit new original bushes. I did a search on the whole front 309 wishbone thing and everyone elts has payed under £20 for these replacement bushes. The guy at my maindealer told me that as he would have to order them in i would have have to pay top dollar for them. I told him everyone elts was paying under £20 and apparently if they had them in stock for a while they can sell them on cheaper to get rid of them.

Anyone know where elts i can get these from?

Cheers, Matt.

welshpug

check the part number that youve been quoted, the part number for the £20 kit was posted only a few days ago.

matt-k
check the part number that youve been quoted, the part number for the £20 kit was posted only a few days ago.

Cheers for that, i found the parts topic and apparently the kit is £17 part No 3599 07. The lad at my dealer was pricing each bush seperatly. Ill ring them tomorrow if there open.

Cheers, Matt.

jackherer

I got two of those kits recently and one of them had a totally random bush in it so check the contents before you accept it.

GLPoomobile
Cheers for that, i found the parts topic and apparently the kit is £17 part No 3599 07. The lad at my dealer was pricing each bush seperatly. Ill ring them tomorrow if there open.

Cheers, Matt.

I did the same first time around - ordered each bush individually, and then the parts guy told me I could get the lot as a kit including nuts and bolts etc. I thought that was great, but thought it was even better once he'd put it through the till and I found out the whole kit cost about as much as two of those bushes on their own!

GLPoomobile
I got two of those kits recently and one of them had a totally random bush in it so check the contents before you accept it.

I'll 2nd this! I got 2 kits from the dealer in Hatfield within a few weeks of each other and on both occasions one of the bushes had a slightly crushed outer shell.

jackherer

The one I had was the wrong type completely, it looked like the bush in the fork for the lower engine mount actually.

Also both kits had some weird selections of nuts, bolts and washers too. The nuts aren't nylocks, they are the type of locking nut with one end slightly ovalled (forgotten what they're called) and the smaller of the two types of bolts were threaded for the entire length rather than being shouldered where they go through the bush like the originals.

Pugnut
The one I had was the wrong type completely, it looked like the bush in the fork for the lower engine mount actually.

Also both kits had some weird selections of nuts, bolts and washers too. The nuts aren't nylocks, they are the type of locking nut with one end slightly ovalled (forgotten what they're called) and the smaller of the two types of bolts were threaded for the entire length rather than being shouldered where they go through the bush like the originals.

the kit i got was nylock nuts and exactly the right ammounts. i've bought oe replacement bolts seperately for years and always got set screws rather than bolts for the smaller bush. i'm sure iirc that the ball joint bolt is also threaded complete if bought from peugeot.

Sign in to follow this