• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
maz89

306 Big Brake Kit On A 205

maz89

Got hold of some 306 ap racing brakes.

What new parts do i need to fit them to a 1.6 gti??

Tom Fenton

You will need a set of 205 GTI 1.9 hubs to be able to fit the discs and calipers, the 306 disc offset is the same as a 205 1.9, but different from a 205 1.6.

To allow you to fit the 1.9 hubs, you will also need a pair of 1.9 driveshafts. The rest of the suspension will fit with no issues.

So; to sum up, you need the hubs and driveshafts from a 205 GTI 1.9.

Jrod

Or a set of base model hubs and retain 1.6 shafts.

cybernck

slightly off topic, but Jrod, a friend has asked me today if he can swap his 205 XS front suspension

for a 205 GTI 1.6 setup and i was sure on everything bar the driveshafts. do you reckon they will

fit the 1.6's hubs ok? :)

danpug

Why dosen't he just stick with the xs hubs?

ifcho
slightly off topic, but Jrod, a friend has asked me today if he can swap his 205 XS front suspension

for a 205 GTI 1.6 setup and i was sure on everything bar the driveshafts. do you reckon they will

I'm using 1.6GTI driveshafts on a car that was a base model with TU engine, with the standard hubs (TU, base model hubs), so I guess he can use them vice versa

Jrod

I didn't know you could use 1.6 shafts on a MA box but if 1.6 shafts fit in base model hubs I guess it will work the other way around.

Personally I'd use base model hubs as it just gives you more choice for brake changes in the future. :)

Sign in to follow this