• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Does The 309 Gti Front Bumber/valance Fit Straight Onto A 205

JR20516V

As above. Also is the 205 lower lights the same as in the front valance of the 309 gti ????

Any info appreciated. cheers

Anthony
As above. Also is the 205 lower lights the same as in the front valance of the 309 gti ????

Any info appreciated. cheers

The bumper is too wide and needs to be cut to fit, and the driving/fog lamps are different on the 309 GTi compared to the driving lamps on the 205 GTi - certain other PSA cars like 405's and AX's share the same fog lamps as the 309 though.

JR20516V
The bumper is too wide and needs to be cut to fit, and the driving/fog lamps are different on the 309 GTi compared to the driving lamps on the 205 GTi - certain other PSA cars like 405's and AX's share the same fog lamps as the 309 though.

Cheers Anthony...you are a gem !!

Alastairh

Shame ben.loaded.net isn't online at the moment. Paintguy has done it, and has a few pics :D

d-9

Think there is/was a groupbuy of 205-sized 309-style front bumpers. Its a nice mod, 309 front bumper looks a lot more agressive.

jackherer
The bumper is too wide and needs to be cut to fit,

I've never done one but I think the sides need to be shortened to meet the wheelarches too.

Hilgie

Yes it does. Lots of modifying to do.

Paintguy

As said, there's quite a bit of cut-and-shut involved, but it's possible. You need around 3" taking out of the centre of it to make it narrow enough, and then cut down the return ends as they are also too long, and would catch on the front wheels.

I got hold of a set of second hand lights (from Anthony as it happens) and made up my own wiring loom which joins the driving lamps into the standard plugs near the 205's headlights, and wired in a relay for the foglamps. I also modified the switch panel under the heater controls to add a front foglight switch.

As Alistair mentions, there are quite a few picture knocking around, but the hosting site is down at the minute unfortunately. I could send you some though if you want to PM me your email address :rolleyes:

The picture below was my inspiration:

stefan02.jpg

From this page, which you might find helpful.

gti-hysteria

i have done it too, it was quite abit of work but i feel it was worth it!!

no comments on the wonkey grill please lads

post-7607-1201116034_thumb.jpg

Edited by gti-hysteria

Sign in to follow this