• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bakes100

Rolling Road Losses

Bakes100

Hi

I was wondering how much of a difference would worn bushes and poor wheel alignment have on a rolling road.

I had mine done when the wishbone bushes were ropey and the rear mount were shot so when i was driving normally it was pulling slightly to the left.

Also you could visually see one front wheel had slightly more camber than the other.

Now i have new hubs with new wheels bearings and new polybushes on new wishbones and the camber is now fine and tracks straight. Also new rear solid mounts.

Originally the power at the wheels was 136bhp, would i see an improvement on this with now the correct alignment and a more solid front end??

The chap at the rolling road said he estimated 179 bhp at the flywheel due to the fact he had to strap it down alot more due to dodgy alignment and this is why the transmission losses were so high. Is this true or was he just trying to jazz up my flywheel power to keep me happy?

I am more interested in the improvments i get at the wheels as flywheel power is a bit of a guess!

Does anyone have any thoughts on this??? Sorry if ive waffled on abit!! :D

Edited by Bakes100

boldy205

it would make sense that you had more resistance with bad front wheel alignment yes. What is the spec of your engine? 8v/16v carbs cams etc!!??

Bakes100

Yea thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure to what extent the losses would b if i was just looking at 1 or 2 bhp or 10-15 maybe?!

Its running a standard gti6 lump...at the moment!

Edited by Bakes100

M_R_205

I had a similar problem when i was at the bogg brothers rolling road the RH which bon bush was fuggared so when he steped on it the car squirmed and tryed to lift off, nedless to say we got 140 on the guage which i was over the moon with!

Sign in to follow this