• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Garry

Bx 16v Radiator

Garry

Hello all,

I will be supercharging my 205 GTI6 over the coming months and want to use the same intercooler/ pipework layout as Discostu:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dis.../icpipework.jpg

I need about 75mm clearance between the top of the rad and the slam panel to run the boost pipes like Discostu has done. My GTI6 lump has what appear to be cooling fins on the block next to the gearbox which stick out quite a long way forward to the point they are just beneath the radiator, which means I can't drop the Radiator.

I have recently read that the BX 16v rad is not as tall as the 205 one, can somebody confirm if this is the case?

Miles

Not quite as tall no, But they don;t cool as well, I swaped one of these for a std GTi rad and the temps came down a fair bit.

vanny

the dimensions for the BX 16v rad are;

530x285x32 (WxHxD)

9607_1.JPG

i personally use a peugeot 309 TD radiator;

610x360x37 mm

2PE177.jpg

like Miles i don't find the BX 16v rad much good when on track and hence going for the much bigger 309 TD radiator, its also a copper core and easier to fix if it leaks. The peugeot 205 TD radiator is good too ( 645x301x56 mm) but i'm not sure if these are short enough?

VisaGTi16v

Interesting. When I put the 16v in my Visa I used the bx rad as the (insert technical term) wavey core bits (!!!!) were more packed in and tons more of them than the standard 8v 1.6 radiator I had in it before so I presume it would cool better as more cooling fins to get rid of the heat. Mine never goes above 82C (82c stat) unless on a track day when it will go up more but then its a high load for a long time so I presumed it was normal, not enough to need my high power fan on either. One weird thing I get is the temperature flucuating, I thought this would be just under left hand corners as the water might go away from the sensors in the thermostat housing but it does it on rights as well and I would have thought theres enough pressure and throughput that the sensor would always have water around it anyway

boeseturbo
Hello all,

I will be supercharging my 205 GTI6 over the coming months and want to use the same intercooler/ pipework layout as Discostu:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/dis.../icpipework.jpg

I need about 75mm clearance between the top of the rad and the slam panel to run the boost pipes like Discostu has done. My GTI6 lump has what appear to be cooling fins on the block next to the gearbox which stick out quite a long way forward to the point they are just beneath the radiator, which means I can't drop the Radiator.

I have recently read that the BX 16v rad is not as tall as the 205 one, can somebody confirm if this is the case?

Hi Garry,

what Intercooler do you use? This one looks very interesting....

Cheers

Jan

Sign in to follow this