• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mogsman

Co Emissions?

mogsman

I've had my MoT which eventually passed but the co emissions were very low at 0.46 instead of 1-1.5. Is this something to worry about or could it be the fueling slightly out? One other query was the advisory that the front wheels only just met brake imbalance. I have replaced the discs and pads for standard parts. The brakes were never that impressive even with uprated discs and pads but the pistons in the calipers are in good condition and the brake fluid was relaced two months ago. Any ideas? I was thinking that it might be the sliders.

Ian

Tom Fenton

A low CO reading means that your fuelling is on the weak side at idle. This isn't a horrendous problem, so long as it is consistant all the way up the rev range. Unfortunately the only way to test this is to either use a wideband lambda sensor and gauge setup, and drive it normally along the road whilst you watch what happens, or to get it on a rolling road. In all honesty if you were not such an eagle eyed owner you wouldn't have noticed the CO reading, so you wouldn't be worrying about it. Personally I would leave it alone, I don't personally think it will damage anything, being too rich is much more of a problem.

As for the brakes, check that the pistons have not seized, if you remove a pad and then push the brake pedal gently to move the piston out, you should then be able to "easily" push the pistons back into the caliper with a small screwdriver as a lever. Do both sides to compare. Also have a good look at your flex brake hoses to make sure they are not expanding when they are put under pressure.

Anthony

If the engine idles well then I wouldn't worry about the CO reading - certainly won't do any harm :D

mogsman

Both pistons move quite easily, thinking maybe the sliders. I have braided hoses fitted which are still in good condition.

Ian

Sign in to follow this