• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stue205mi16

Heater Stops Working Intermitently

stue205mi16

when i put the blower on it works for a few seconds then stops :D i took the whole dash apart today(god knows why :lol: )behind the knobs there is a white circuit board looking type thingy,when i disconnected the wiring from that the blower works with ignition on,when i plug it back in it works randomly,silly question i know but is the fault with this board or could it be the wiring??? i suppose the only way of finding out is to get a new board and put it in :) at the moment ive got it unplugged so the heater comes on whilst engine is running(coz its cold!!) is this a good idea or should i plug it back in just in case something else gets damaged???

anyone got an old dash lying about with the heater controls in it they dont need???? :wacko:

Edp

It could be the heater resistor which is found next to the heater. It has a electrical plug so it should be easy to spot.

You will need to unscrew the two screws which hold it in place then drop it down. If this is playing up then you might have problems with a intermittent power problem as I did on my old 1600. Might be worth a look. It definitely sounds like a loose connection of some sort.

stue205mi16

is that the bit under the dash near the bulkhead?? got a pin plug going into it?? is it an easy job to do the resistor?? and can you buy them seperatly??

yeti-dj

Yes, it sits under the dash next to the heater blower, Its held in place with2 screws and has a plug onto it with either 4 or 5 wires depending on the age of the car. Make sure you note how many wires connect to it as they wont work on full blower speed if you get the wrong one.

Every 205 i have had if the heater has packed up its been this resistor. way easier to check first before ripping the dash apart..

Head to the scrapys and get searching for the complete unit, every 205 has one of these fitted .

hope this helps..

stue205mi16

yes thats great info cheers :rolleyes: ill head down the scrappies at the weekend :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this