• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamistu

Sunroof Drains

miamistu

Hi,

Can somebody tell me where water off the sunroof (sliding one) drains to? I can see it goes down the A pillars but can't see where it goes after that.

I've got a huge puddle in my passenger's seat and I'm trying to locate the leak.

I've checked the drain point underneath the car and that seems clear.

Regards

Stu :)

(Blimey doesn't the underlay hold a lot of water! :wub: )

miamistu

Ah, good man. :)

I've got to ask though, how does the water escape from the wings? Surely it doesn't just drain into the sill?

Peetypug

it just runs out of the bottom of the wings

if you open your door fully and look at the bottom of the wing near the hinge you will see there is a gap for it all to run out

miamistu

That's great - thanks very much, I'll check it out when I get home from work :)

Peetypug

no probs mate

if you need anymore pics let me know will take some of any part as my car is 90% stripped down

cybernck

i've got a major leak at the back of the car and the water eventually settles in rear passenger's footwell (one side).

i've previously managed to sort it out by siliconing the tail lights and readjusting the quarter windows seals and

for some time only had a few drops into the boot through the tailgate and damp front seatbels, but this huge leak

it has developed (like a couple of liters of water after heavy rain :)) is something else now.

i've traced it back and found that the rear of the roof lining is all soaked so that's where the water gets in but

i couldn't figure out how exactly as we've had constant minus temperatures for 2-3 weeks until two days ago.

what's the most likely reason for this?!

Peetypug

i think it could be the rubber cable protector that goes from the roof into the tailgate

cybernck

yeah, that seemed like the most probably candidate.

Sign in to follow this