• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Big_Jimbob

Identifying A Bosch Diesel Pump....

Big_Jimbob

Hey guys, im going to look at a 205 xldt tomorrow, is there anyway of telling if it has the lucas or bosch type diesel pump...

The idea is to run it on a veg oil and diesel mix... and i obviously need the bosch pump to do this...

thanks

Jim

Bassman
Hey guys, im going to look at a 205 xldt tomorrow, is there anyway of telling if it has the lucas or bosch type diesel pump...

The idea is to run it on a veg oil and diesel mix... and i obviously need the bosch pump to do this...

thanks

Jim

Have a look at DieselVeg.com, they have a link or a page that shows pictures of all the different types of pumps that might help you.

Mikey S

thanks

Jim

lucas rotodiesel.

Big_Jimbob
lucas rotodiesel.

Is this the type it will have? or is this the type to stay away from?

thanks

Jim

Big_Jimbob

Sorry guys its a GRDT apparently, got it worng..

thanks

Jim

Mikey S
Is this the type it will have? or is this the type to stay away from?

thanks

Jim

its the one it will have and the one to stay away from. you can use veg oil if its mixed with diesel in the right quantitys though.

Big_Jimbob

does anyone know which 205 diesels will run on veg oil with no problems then?

or if i can just change the pump to the correct type?

thanks

Jim

Big_Jimbob

Anybody??

Just want to know if i can change the lucas pump for a bosch one, and if its a dificuilt job....

Thanks

Jim

bluespanner

Itll have a Lucas CAV on it, as far as i know, all the XUD7s had Lucas pumps, and some early XUD9s in 306s.

It is the Bosch pump that likes Veg - the Lucas tends to seize eventually, stall the cambelt, and snap it.

I think the Bosch can be made to fit, although the bracketry and timing cover may be different.

Cheers, Roly.

Big_Jimbob

Thanks mate, but i was sure some xud7's had the bosch pump, maybe it was just the non turbo ones tho... all the veg oil sites say these are ok to run on the stuff bot dont mention the turbo'd cars being....

would it just be a straight swap from non turbo-turbo....? iv also read that you need to change the lines for bosch compatible ones from pump to injectors, but the lucas injectors are ok, can anyone confirm this?

thanks

Jim

Rob Turbo

xud7's came with either bosch or rotodiesel and xud7t's came with rotodiesel only - info from autodata

I guess you can change the pump because some 306 diesels come with lucas pumps and people change them to bosch, but if it's a td you're putting it on I think you will need a td pump, so you would probably have to get one from a 306 or something

Big_Jimbob

Brilliant mate, i will look in to it further...

i was under the impression that the bosh pump was adjustable as im sure the guy who has tuned his 205 derv on here has fitted one...

thanks anyway

Jim

welshpug

all diesel pumps are adjustable, but pumps for non-turbo applications wont work on turbo engines as they haven't got any boost fuelling compensator mechanisms.

lucas pumps say either roto-diesel or lucas on them, and bosch pumps are stamped bosch.

Bosch pumps have a timing hole plugged between the injectors, Lucaa has this hole on the top/side of the pump body.

Sign in to follow this