• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eafertynyne

205 Gti6

eafertynyne

Hi,

My car’s a 205GTI-6… originally a 1.9. The car is used primarily for track days, but is driven to and from track.

I’ve done loads of searching on here and found plenty of information, but can’t find a definitive answer and I can’t make my own mind up. Expert advice required please.

My rear wheels are locking up prematurely. The copper brake lines are fairly recent. I have new (standard size) Brembo Sport Max disks with Green Stuff Pads on the front and new standard Brembo disks with standard pads on the rear. The rear compensators seem to be missing.

My options, as far as I can tell, are:

1) Fit new compensators.

2) Fit bigger front brakes.

3) Fit a brake proportioning valve.

I’m too lazy / stoopid / lacking mechanical understanding, to do the work myself and costs are now a big issue (the car has gone way over budget). I’m keeping the car long term now (as it owes me too much money), so what's the best option?

I’m favouring the bias valve but personal opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks All.

James_R

It will be the lack of rear comps, if you can make up a new rear line easily, block off one of the outlets from the MC and run a single line with a bias vlave in it to the rear and then split it off using a all female T piece then two short runs tot he flexi rears. then set it as you need. Also the green stuff will probabaly take a while to warm up meaning the rear will have even more braking than the fornt to start with, bin them for some DS2500's

Emmy Seize

I would also opt for the bias valve.

Bigger brakes up front won't do the trick. Initially I installed the GTI6 setup without a bias valve and had the same problems as you describe.

taylorspug

Ive run pretty much std GTI brake setup with just a bias valve before (a Wilwood one), and even that wasnt enough to stop the rear wheels locking under very hard braking. It may have just been the limitations of that particular valve, but id be wary anyway. :D

Sign in to follow this