• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
notamondayfan

Gti Vs Cti Handling

notamondayfan

hey guys

just wondering what people oppinions are in the differences in handling between the gti and cti. what im asking is there any noticable difference between a lowered and stiffend gti and a lowered and stiffened cti?

cheers, deano!

DaveW

Well the Cti will never handle as well the gti due to the fact that half the car is missing, but i think it handles well i only have a cj which has been lowered and has a 18mm? gti arb and i sticks to the corners well however i do have some shocking tyres on the car which lets the handling down.

Miles

You can;t really compare the 2, The CTi is allot heavier and the body isn;t as stiff, Best thing with a CTi is to fit all the GTi suspension which is a very good upgrade

Henry Yorke

The best instant mods are new front arms with the new bushes in it and a GTI ARB at the back. My brother did this to his and it is as tight as a nuns chuff :rolleyes:

vern

It might be my driving style but, I do not seem to get LOO with a CTI, I have never driven a GTI to compare only a diesel which you can get to LOO at will.

DaveW

You cant get loos on a cti as i think the shell twists as its not stiff enough as the 3 dr shell.

pike_1.9cti

Ive seemed to have managed too! Not quite sure what has been done to my cti ref actual suspension set up but was changed from orginal and lowered 30mm. Think it handles quite nicely, though the ony gti ive driven was the doner car for the new engine i had, and that was juat scary, alot of broken parts on that! lol. Would be nice to drive a prime gti

Sign in to follow this