• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tom Fenton

Front Susp/brakes Compatability

Tom Fenton

Its been a while since I've messed with these parts so bear with me.

Car is at the moment a standard 205 GTI 1.6, with Bendix front calipers.

I have got hold of some 309 GTI shafts and wishbones, I've also arranged to buy a pair of 1900 uprights from Rob Thomson on here.

if I change the stuff on there at the moment to the 1.9 uprights, 309 shafts and 309 arms, I think I will then need to swap to 1900 brake discs. Having done this will the bendix calipers fit the discs and uprights? (fairly sure they will).

Then having done this, will my 1600 wheels still fit over the brakes? I'd like to keep it looking standard 1.6 from the outside you see.

Thanks guys.

Anthony
if I change the stuff on there at the moment to the 1.9 uprights, 309 shafts and 309 arms, I think I will then need to swap to 1900 brake discs. Having done this will the bendix calipers fit the discs and uprights? (fairly sure they will).

Then having done this, will my 1600 wheels still fit over the brakes? I'd like to keep it looking standard 1.6 from the outside you see.

Yes - using 1.9 hubs and 1.9 brake disks, your existing 1.6 Bendix calipers will fit just fine, as will your 1.6 wheels over the top of them :D

Tom Fenton

Super thanks for the reply.

Sign in to follow this