• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pacey205

Wipers With Spray Bars

pacey205

I need some new wipers and rather than having to re-tie-wrap my spray bars to the new wipers (havent got any clips) I wondered if there are any that come with some that I can pick up from GSF that are the right size. The guy wouldnt have a look for me last time I was in as theyve now changed theyre system so it only shows parts for the particualr model of car and he couldnt be arsed to go and look for a set that are the right size and have spray bars fitted.

I seem to recall someone said something about Merc Sprinter wipers or something !

Michael

Batfink

a few years ago I think i used a citroen bx wiper, though it may have been a 405

welshpug

405 uses 22" ones so the're a bit big, and IIRC a BX uses a single wiper though I dont know the size.

you can get the clips from peugeot to fit, so if you get some bosch/champion wipers you should be able to fit the spraybars.

Jer309GTi

If you know a friendly local garage they may have a few spare clips that were left over from universal wiper blades (the garage I used to work at had loads). All you need is the 2 clips per wiper, the clips are shaped like 'E'. Maybe worth a try?

vanny

the BX spray bar sits on the wiper arm not the blade and would require cutting square holes into the wiper arm, better still they actual spray bar is a small black plastic tube with a bend at the end that after 10 minutes in the sun goes brittle, cracks and just dribbles onto the screen. You'll then struggle to get much change from £20 to get a new pipe from citroen!

I tend to fit 405 spray bars to BX's these days as there cheaper and WORK, though i currently have an under grill mounted sprayer (£2.50 from motorworld for the sprayer and a bit of time with some ally plate for the mount), it works well but i do like the idea of a spray bar inbuilt into the wiper blade, sounds like a win win situation if you get a new tube with every wiper.

jackherer

I use the spraybars from the rear wipers of Xantias as they fit under the arm totally out of sight.

cybernck

^ got any pics?

but obviously some we can see them in! :)

jackherer

As its you, and you asked so nicely, I've just gone outside at 1am and photographed my xantia rear wiper :)

post-3-1199927431_thumb.jpg

Its not a very good pic but I couldn't get it to focus because of the light on the house but you can see how small and unobtrusive it is.

cybernck

hehe thanks! you should get a camera with manual focus though :).

anyway, it looks similar to a 307 spraybar someone posted about very recently and it

appears to have only one nozzle, whereas large obtrusive :) 405 spraybars have 4-5!

jackherer
hehe thanks! you should get a camera with manual focus though :) .

I have several but you would have to wait a lot longer than ten minutes before you saw a photo :)

anyway, it looks similar to a 307 spraybar someone posted about very recently and it

appears to have only one nozzle, whereas large obtrusive B) 405 spraybars have 4-5!

I thought 307s used jets? Anyway, the Xant one has 4 or 6 nozzles, not one.

5150maxie

i am changing from single wiper with 405 spray arm back to oe.its a case of trial an erm wot ever you prefer! im getting them flat golf type ones i will let you know how they are B)

GLPoomobile
I have several but you would have to wait a lot longer than ten minutes before you saw a photo B)

I thought 307s used jets? Anyway, the Xant one has 4 or 6 nozzles, not one.

How well does the Xantia spray bar cover the screen? It only looks about 5 inches long, so does the water only spray on to an area about the same width, or does it shoot in a wider angle giving better coverage?

jackherer

The end jets are angled, one spraybar covers the huge curved rear screen of a Xantia and two is plenty for a 205 front screen.

GLPoomobile
The end jets are angled, one spraybar covers the huge curved rear screen of a Xantia and two is plenty for a 205 front screen.

Bit cheeky, but don't suppose you've got one lying about you could sell me do you? :D

I'm still a scrap yard virgin and don't plan on popping my cherry for a while yet LOL!

jackherer

I don't have any spare but I'll try to get some next time I go to a scrappy.

Jrod
I'm still a scrap yard virgin and don't plan on popping my cherry for a while yet LOL!

Make sure you take lube when you do, some bolts can be really rusty. :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this