• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Cable Protection - Where From?

Atari Boy

I need to replace (I think) some old but standard cable protection in the engine bay of my 205, I don't have the time nor want to pay Demon Tweeks for what they offer, as shown in the link below.

demon tweeks

What can I get as a cheap and accessable alternative over the counter in an average sized town like Cambridge?

Thanks

Jonny

M@tt

not sure what demon tweeks prices are , but i know several people have used these for their wiring requirements

think there might be forum discount as well

www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu

failing that not got any scrappys near you you can go raiding at the weekend? i'm sure an armful of conduit will cost F all there

Atari Boy

Conduit, thats the word I am looking for :) , thanks Matt.

I would like to try and pick it up before the weekend if possible as with luck the engine might be back in the car by then (thanks so much Ryan ad Nat :)B) ).

I will see what I can find in my local shops in Cambridge.

At least I have the right terminology now.

dave_gti

i bought some similar stuff in B&Q it was a lot cheaper than demon thieves, but i cant remember how much it was exactly.

vanny

i think Maplins might do it?

I tend to buy it from VWP or PoleVolt in lengths of 50 to 100 metres and it comes in at around 50p / metre.

VERY good postal service from VWP, usually next day.

Atari Boy

Thats great, I have a B&Q and Maplins within 5 minutes from me.

GLPoomobile

If you can't get any locally, order from VWP before 1pm today and you'll probably get it tomorrow. In fact, I think I've ordered later in the afternoon and had it the next day. They really do give excellent service. Either way, you should get it by the weekend unless Royal Mail are being particularly crap.

Atari Boy

I got what I needed from Maplins in the end, at £1.29 a metre it is half the price of Demon Tweeks and whilst VWP looked really good and was cheaper, when I added postage it killed the saving.

Thanks again, with luck my wiring will look a lot better now.

Sign in to follow this