• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainK

Gti6 Oil Grade

CaptainK

I've had my 205 1.9 GTi converted to a GTi6 now and I'm looking for a good oil to keep it running right, and how much of it? I'd guess 5 litres.

The car will mainly be used as a daily driver, BUT I'm intending on finally doing some track time this year.

So if any of you guys & gals with GTi6 engines could advise me I'd appreciate it. I'm guessing fully synthetic would be best for when on a track ? Cost of oil isn't TOO much of a problem.

Miles

Well I use Fuch's XTR 10/40, And after having a customer's car abit with a Mi16 engine in drive for about 10+ miles with no oil pressure due to a snapped oil pump drive chain (Joys of scrappy engines) and upon repalcing the pump and chain it started up and ran fine, Can't say better than that.

petert

Shell Helix Ultra 15W-50 here, but only comes in 20L drums around here.

post-2864-1199790184_thumb.jpg

CaptainK
Well I use Fuch's XTR 10/40

Thats the other one I was thinking of - its semi synth I believe.

I was looking at Silkolene Pro S 5w40 fully synth for my GTi6. Yes, I know 10w40 is the norm, but my Pug does a few short journeys and I thought the low temperature viscosity difference would help compared to 10w40. Its the same "hot" viscosity, so it should be fine.

Sign in to follow this