• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

Polished Std Throttle Body's

MrG

sorry if this has been covered before but the search function throws up so may threads the word you're looking for is in, its an age to find what you want, anyhow on with the question.

I've seen a few std throttle bodies on ebay etc that claim to have been flowed and polished.

what effect do these have on the car and is it a worthwhile addition to an otherwise std car that is to be used primarily for track days and some sprinting/hill climbing?

Batfink

i really doubt there will be much difference at all

MrG

blimey that was quick! I expect all these things add up if combined with other items but on their own mean diddly?

Batfink

its just going to be so slight a difference in flow, that I doubt you will ever notice - even with mods. You would have to tidy up the whole induction manifold too i'd imagine (like what they do on the production touring cars. I'd say you would see more benefit by ditching the AFM and running a proper ecu

GLPoomobile

There was a topic about these roughly 6 months ago. General consensus is complete waste of time.

I would only consider one if you had a duff TB and were having trouble sourcing a good 2nd hand one.

Sloppy

indeed, i bet alot are 'home' improved to so the quality of the work on them would be very variable...

MrG

top replies IMO, I'll delete from my ebay watch list!

I've only had the car 5 mins but these little things crop up so the question is asked as soon as to either dispell or mark down as a to do later in the year.

Sign in to follow this