• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
trogboy

Weber Dcom/dcoe Carbs On Tus

trogboy

Just wondering what angle of everyones installations are?

I had my car in for an MOT at Circuit Motors for an MOT over christmas and one of the things that they mentioned to me was that they thought that the angle of installation for my DCOMs was probably greater than the factory installation angle on the euro spec Rallyes. I know that side draught carbs are supposed to be as level as possible but it hadn't even occured to me with my install being so stock.

I am going to measure mine later so I'll post up my findings and would appreciate if others would too.

calvinhorse

where are you taking the measurments from?

trogboy

I am measuring the angle of the carbs from the horizontal. I found it easiest to either measure the top of the covers, the casting line on the side of the barrels or the bottom of the barrels. All three gave the same results - around 12 degrees.

Would be interested to hear from someone with a standard TU24 installation.

christopher
I am measuring the angle of the carbs from the horizontal. I found it easiest to either measure the top of the covers, the casting line on the side of the barrels or the bottom of the barrels. All three gave the same results - around 12 degrees.

Would be interested to hear from someone with a standard TU24 installation.

I thought that you were using a TU24 head? Or am I mistaken?

I always thought mine sat totally horizontal. At least they look that way..

How did you measure the angle? I only have a large spirit level..

trogboy

I used a very technical protractor and a plumb line (nut on the end of a bit of cotton)

Edit - I am using the complete top end from a TU24 (Head, manifold, rubber spacer/adapter/dampers things and carbs. The only change in angle must come from changing the angle of tilt of my block. Not sure how I would have managed it though.

Edited by trogboy

christopher

I'llk try to do mine when I get a chance...(Its bloody cold right now and dark when I get home).

In any case I don't think it has much significance unless the angle is very steep. In theory there might be some some fuel starvation at high end.

trogboy

Cheers Chris,

They seemed to think that anything over 5 degrees was a a no no as it meant that the idle and main jets weren't in the same depth of petrol and so on. It would also make my stock float levels incorrect.

I can't see it being that big deal as braking, cornering, accelarating and travelling up and down hills will slosh the petrol all over the place in any case.

drmo
Cheers Chris,

They seemed to think that anything over 5 degrees was a a no no as it meant that the idle and main jets weren't in the same depth of petrol and so on. It would also make my stock float levels incorrect.

I can't see it being that big deal as braking, cornering, accelarating and travelling up and down hills will slosh the petrol all over the place in any case.

I think they're not totally leveled becouse of the engine angle.

y5R1CXCb5Rkk2yVT.v.jpg

I think that the chamber is floded with petrol, that is why braking, cornering, accelarating and travelling up and down hills doesn't affect the operation.

drmo

This is what I foun on the internet:

DCOEs prefer to be mounted with a 5 degree upward angle and should never be mounted at a greater angle that 7 degrees above horizontal. They will not perform properly at a greater angle.

Sign in to follow this