• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
KRISKARRERA

Sony Flamin Headunit's Effin Beeps!

KRISKARRERA

I followed what the instructions said for turning of the beep but wahey it still does it. :rolleyes:

My good friend Zowow used to have a Sony headunit and managed it though he can't remember how.

Any pearls of beeping wisdom anyone?

Thanks..

Peetypug

hammer :rolleyes:

the wife has a sony in hers, and the beep is turned off

but i dont know where the booklet is, will have a loom tomorrow/today

if somebody else cant help

what model is it?

Edited by sorrentopete

Peetypug

is it the beep every time you press something or the beep when you leave the face on?

Peetypug

just done a quick search and as far as i know you cant turn that beep off

this one guy has writen this about his sony unit

I turned off "beep" but I'm still getting an annoying 4 tone warning when I turn off the ignition. It's a reminder to remove the face plate, but I don't want it. I don't think this can be disabled.

if i remember right my wifes cant be turned off either (her's is about 2 million years old though)

KRISKARRERA

Oh well, thanks for helping, that's going back then. :rolleyes:

Peetypug
:rolleyes: those annoying beeps to remind you to take the face off, so it doesnt get nicked are SSSOOOOOOO annoying :P Edited by sorrentopete

KRISKARRERA

Apparently it doesn't beep if you have an amp connected...... hmm right so how can I fool it into thinking it has an amp connected!(?)

Peetypug

MMMM

fit an amp :rolleyes:

and subs :P

and neons

gone too far now ;)

Edited by sorrentopete

Peetypug
LOL no way!

i tried to search for the manuals for it, but couldn't find them

as for the amp thing that sounds a bit strange to me (its an anti theft attention beep so i cant see you being able to switch it off)

i've only ever had alpine or kenwood stereos so cant say i've ever had the beep trouble

also i have to admit something........ i'm an ex amp, sub & neon owner :rolleyes:

Roman

here is quick solution for you problem-remove radio an cut off biper :rolleyes:

Baz

Mine has an amp connected in the volvo but it still f*cking beeps at me!! :rolleyes:

I think that only works on some models tbh, i don't think my old Sony MD unit did it.

welshpug

fit the original Clarion headunit and 6 disc changer as came in all P2 Mi16's :rolleyes:

Edited by welshpug

M_R_205

i do two things to stop it beeping, 1, remove the head unit, or 2, get out the car as fast as possible so you dont hear them :P:rolleyes:

Edited by M_R_205

Sandy

Just dance to the beeps, life's a party :rolleyes:

Super Josh

The Amp thing is a load of old tosh. I have an amp fitted and it still beeps. You can disable it on some of the high end models. The easiest way though is to change the stereo wiring so that the head unit always has power, then it never thinks that the ignition has been switched off so doesn't beep. You do that on a 205 by moving the stereo power wire connector to the other position in the fusebox, not sure how/if it is done on a 405 though. The only downside is that the stereo will not power off when you turn off the ignition, you'll have to do it manually. Although with it wired like that you can leave the stereo on when your in the car without having to leave the ignition on.

Here's the accessory position on the 205 fusebox.

StereoLive.jpg

Josh

Sign in to follow this