• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rattly_black

Gearbox Probs

rattly_black

Have done a search but nothing came up.

The problem I have is when the car is cold the gearbox is very stiff especially when changing form 1st to 2nd but when its has warmed up a bit it’s absolutely fine and in facts feels nice.

Does anybody have any ideas what is causing this problem as its getting annoying especially on real cold mornings.

Cheers

Doof

Have you ever changed the oil? Checked the level? They'd be the first things i'd do.

boombang

Might have incorrect spec box oil in there, which is becoming apparent on the colder mornings.

As said above I'd change the oil for Pug spec stuff, doesn't need to be anything fancy just make sure it's 75w80 (IIRC!).

To drain, there is a plug on the bottom, and to fill you can do it through the passengers side arch (easy with wheel off), through another plug on side of the box. The side plug is actually the level plug, so when no more will go in it's full. Should be 2 litres give or take (again IIRC).

Sorry if you already know how to change box oil, but I am tired and a bit pissed so thought it might help.

welshpug

yup, any good 75w80 will sort it out to some extent :rolleyes:

rattly_black

Cool Ill have a look at doing that first

Cheers

Sign in to follow this