• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Super Josh

Are 1.9 8v And 16v Water Pumps The Same?

Super Josh

GSF list a different water pump for both the 8 and 16 valve 1.9 lumps. But after buying one supposedly for the 1.9 16V it looks completely different to the one on the engine. So it's either a 2.0 one? or the wrong part in the box?

They have a 8V one in stock, can I use this in my 16V engine?

Cheers,

Josh

welshpug

they bolt on the same IIRC, but the impeller dimensions differ, as long as the depth and diameter of the impeller is the same its all good :P

Super Josh

Comparing the two side by side, the 8V one does appear to have a deeper impeller. So maybe it's time to get a proper 16V one from GSF.

Josh

James_m

The Mi16 water pump has a part which makes up part of the timing belt cover. The 8v pump does not have this so leaves a big hole in the cover. They both bolt up the same though.

Anthony

As said, same fitment, but the Mi one has the extra bit on the side for the timing belt cover.

XU10 and diesel pumps have the bigger impeller on them, so it might be they've sold you a 2.0 Mi16 pump

Miles

You will need one that fit's either a ZX Volcane 1.9, BX16v, 205 Gti Post 1993, 405 Post 93, 306 XSi or with the later 114 tooth belt as listed by GSF, If you drop me a PM I can sort you out the part number needed.

But the pumps are all the basically the same on the alloy blocks as Anthony's said, it's only the cambelt sheld on the back edge that varies, All the Iron block pumps use a larger impeller

Edited by Miles

welshpug

this one then? :rolleyes:

N17008 WATER PUMP BX 16V 19.75

Super Josh
this one then? :P

N17008 WATER PUMP BX 16V 19.75

That's the one that I ordered, but was completely wrong. The box was quite battered and it had Renault as the fitment on the side of the box and the pump was a completely different fitment :rolleyes:

I'll order another on Monday.

Josh

welshpug

dont forget that it may well fit a Renault :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this